Picture

Picture

Friday, January 28, 2011

6 months!

What? Could it really be 6 whole months??? My head tells me no, but the cold, wintery weather outside assures me that it's not July anymore. I swear that it was just yesterday I was having Mexican food cravings and hoping that my burrito would make babies so that I could have a million burritos at home to satisfy my cravings. Burritos....yum! Hopefully with our next child, food will be able to self-reproduce in abundance just for me. :)

Well, Claire is healthy, happy, and such a wonderful little spirit in our home. We love her to pieces and can't seem to get enough of her chubby, squishy, kissable cheeks. She started saying, "momomomomom" just last week. I'm sure she doesn't know she's saying "Mom" but it sure makes me happy and it's so cute to hear her little girl voice. She still laughs like a (ahem) man. Actually I don't know how to describe her laugh. It's more like a cough sound with a little bit of growl in it. When she really gets going it's more like a laugh. She can roll over with the best of them, and she sits up like champ. Her hair is filling in, but her "skunk do" is still as dominant as ever (she has sooo much hair in the middle of her head-front to back and it looks like a skunk). She likes it when I do lots of laundry since she has to blow-out at least once every other day. She likes rice cereal and will be starting BABY FOOD next week! Wahoo! She is starting to reach for you when you go to pick her up. Her favorite song is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and loves to be sung to. I think she likes it when I read to her; however, she may just enjoy looking at the book hoping to get a munch out of the pages. She really is the sweetest little thing and she is so good to us. Always being happy and a relatively easy baby. I still can't believe that she's growing so fast, but we're enjoying every second of it!


Here she is just a few hours after being born.

Here are a couple of pictures taken within the last few days. Such a sweet little girl she's turning out to be. :)






*An update on my wrist situation. I went to physical therapy and they told me it was most likely De Quervain's tenosynovitis. Super painful! I went to the hand surgeon on Monday and he just confirmed that. Instead of surgery, I got a cortisone shot and most likely will not need surgery (hallelujah!), but will know for sure if it comes back in about 2-3 months. I'm so grateful! It feels so much better.



8 comments:

The Nicholsons said...

I love the new pictures! Your little girl is adorable! It is amazing how long those last few weeks of pregnancy last, and how before you have time to blink, they are already so big! I can't believe mine is 1 1/2 already! He is going to nursery for the first time this Sunday!

Nicole said...

she's super cute!! I love her big grin.... :) Time certainly does fly way too fast!!

Lindsey said...

happy happy six months claire baby girly!! you are getting cuter and cuter and i love you!!!
Stace, i can't believe shes sitting up like that, shes so adorable!!! I love here legs in those cute tights!

Natalie said...

She is so darn cute!! Time goes way too fast, doesn't it?!

Annie said...

Happy six months, Claire! :) Thanks for happily allowing me practice holding and loving sweet, chunky babies--you're a champ to work with a rookie! I owe you one. (Okay, maybe more than one...) Anyway, gain more weight, grow more hair, and feel free to blow out on Uncle Jason anytime. ;)

Love, Annie

P.S. I love your mom!

Chippy said...

I want to kiss those awesome cheeks :) Sorry about your wrist!!

Anonymous said...

I miss those kissy cheeks already and it has only been two days! I guess you can't help it, how can she not be so beautiful with such fabulous looking parents!

Lindsey said...

Let me explain my situation to you: I am so baby hungry fro my little guy to get here that I am going back and looking at all of your baby Claire pictures on here to try and get my fix. Mmmm she was the most delicious baby! At the same time I am SHOCKED at how quickly she has grown up. Seriously, i think she should always be this small :)
xo