Thankfully we had our very own Chinese representative move in to be roommates with me. Bethany Matheson. Bless her heart! She had been to China (twice I think) and had my back. Once again Kara told us not to throw our food away because the people in China were starving and Bethany said, as I was rolling my eyes at Kara's determination, "the people in China don't eat this crap!" THANK YOU BETHANY! We proceeded to throw away leftovers after that and I felt totally justified.
So, I was thinking about all of this in the shower the other day (always the best place for thinking) and I thought about how saving our food, throwing it away, or eating everything doesn't help the people in China at all. Plus, there are homeless people right outside our door. Why do we have to call on people around the globe for homelessness to give us a reason to be conservative? Odd. Anyway, I think it's funny. If we were going about this the Kara way, then technically being obese is a compliment to the Chinese because we can say, "Hey! Look at me! I don't throw food away! I eat it all, yeah baby!"
Well, since I've read the Hunger Games, I kinda feel bad sometimes when I throw food away. It's actually kind of annoying, but good at the same time. I don't let my french toast rot away in the freezer, but I do eat more of my leftovers. Sigh.... That was it. That's why I told that insanely long story, just for that.
Also, I just finished the second season of Lie to Me and I miss the characters already. How will I know if people are deceiving me if Cal Lightman isn't there to tell me so? How? Sigh. Tim Roth sometimes even feels like my next door neighbor or best bud. I miss him. Sigh. Lots of sighing. I will wait for season 3 to be on Netflix and that will be a happy day.
3 comments:
you are so cute...I feel guilty about throwing leftovers away...for me it was children in africa...lol..however...I think a huge part of that character issue comes from growing up poor and almost losing everything and having to depend on welfare for groceries...so Instead of throwing leftovers away...i get creative and figure out ways to reuse food....for example....say you made ground beef for tacos....you could then use that same ground beef for nachos....soup or beef stroganoff later that week...another example...say you made mashed potatoes....you could resues those potatoes by making shepherds pie or adding it to a creamy sauce recipe because it just thickens it up....like curry or pasta dishes....it also helps that I have a husband who is determined to try to eat everything I make that same day...lol...I don't know how to cook for two because I grew up cooking for at least 12...lol....that's a lot of leftovers...also a show you should watch...battlestart gallactica...really good!
I just started BOTH the Hunger Games AND Lie to Me. Am loving both!!!
You are loved. I have watched Lie to Me since it aired. LOVE IT! And I read the hunger games last fall. I feel bad about all the excess, not just food. I really do miss you a lot!!
Post a Comment