Why is it that I ALWAYS want to reach for the chips, chocolate, pretzels, candy, ice cream, etc? Because it's FAST and I'm HUNGRY.
I realized that I don't like crappy food necessarily because it's yummy. Quite the contrary. It makes me feel icky and I usually eat it because it's easy to grab, prepare and finish before I could prepare something better. One good thing this food world has provided is bananas. They are easy, fast, and delicious. I wish all foods were like bananas. Easy to eat, fast, healthy. If I'm munchy, I don't want to stand around cooking for an hour (although I LOVE to cook). I'm talking about snack time. Can I please find a snack that I like that is filling, fast and healthy?
Problem solved: Air popped popcorn. YUM!
__________________________________________________________________
Instead of doing a new post, I'm just making that line in between subjects. I think it's rather effective. Let's face it, I like to read comments, but I don't get many if I post a bajillion things per day. So cheers to one post with many subjects.
Claire had her 6 month checkup today.
18 lbs. 6 oz -89%
Head: 44 cm-87 %
Height: 25 in- 22%
Poor squirt. She has her mom's stout genes. We love her so much. What a cutie. Other than her runny nose and slightly red left eardrum, she is healthy. Just has to get over this little cold. Almost over it.
__________________________________________________________________
Lastly, I have more piano students!!! I have 4 right now and within the next two weeks I should be at 6. I like it a lot. I like that it's challenging me to be a better musician and more creative. The 7 year olds make me be more creative. I try to come up with games so theory isn't so boring for them and I also have more fun with them. I have one student that is 38 years old and is wanting to be in the Tabernacle Choir. She is just a beginner, but a fireball and I think she'll do a fantastic job. Long way to go, but she'll get there. However, I'm slightly intimidated by teaching an adult because it's like teaching someone about flowers verses in depth photosynthesis. Sort of. I hate photosynthesis. Anyway, I'm intimidated because I need to KNOW my stuff very well so I can teach it. Although it's intimidating, I'm excited that it will make me a better teacher and pianist. Maybe I'll even get better at the organ for my poor ward's ears. Haha....not likely. :)
4 comments:
hee hee.... first of all, your comment on my blog made me laugh right out loud. so funny. Second.... WHERE in the world do they get these 'percentages' for statistics in kids?? B/C claire and Landon are 1 day apart.... Claire is a pound LIGHTER than Landon, but Claire is supposedly 5% HIGHER than Landon. how in the world does that even make sense? I'm curious where they get these 'averages'..... hmmm.... Anyway. Amen to air-popped popcorn. However, my air popped popcorn also includes butter and salt. :) hee hee..... I take the healthy right out of it! Congrats on your piano students. That's honestly so awesome. -End novel here :)
mmm....snacks...i like snacks...I just got done eating a really good apple....some more snack ideas...plain yogurt with frozen fruit and honey.....pb and j with fresh ground pb and low sugar jam on whole wheat sandwich thin....I also like to slice up my bananas and roll them in dark chocolate and then freeze them...this of course has to be prepared ahead of time...or you can also roll the bananas in yogurt, nuts and coconut and then freeze them or granola too....anyways...that is awesome on the piano...if I had time and lived closer I would ask you to teach me too :)
Hahaha. I love the title... without the slashes it would be, "Bananas grow pianos." That made me laugh. :)
Chubby babies are the best. For sure. Hands down.
Good luck with teaching! You already sound amazing, and honestly, the BEST pianist can be the worst teachers if not trying to be creative and teach their students according to their own personal needs. I am sure you are amazing! My mom has taught piano for as long as I can remember and I love that she has taught music to so many children. I think it is great that you'll be sharing your talent with others.
so, you are probably a better teacher than me. I can't remember new terms my one and only student wants to jump ahead in :) and i know what ya mean about snacking, i finally went and got some rice cakes and granola bars! luv them-also baby carrots and applesauce on graham crackers. I've been getting headaches if i dont eat.
banana-bamboo-ramboo-basket :)
Post a Comment