Picture

Picture

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Things I Just Don't Get

#1: The Skinny Jean




This is one thing that I know I could get a lot of crap for, but I just do not get skinny jeans. Brian and I saw a girl on the sidewalk with skinny jeans and they just look sooooo uncomfortable. I don't like skin tight things. Never have. Probably never will. I like my legs to breathe a little bit and jeans that form to your body just don't sound comfy. I really only think they look cute with boots. You ain't gonna see these thighs in skinny jeans. Ever.


#2: Washable nursing pads

Now, I can definitely see the sense in these, but I cannot wear them to bed. I wake up soaked and so is my bed. If you know a trick to these, please let me know. I could save a lot of money if I could solve that problem.



#3: Xbox Achievements

Really? You have to get them every single day so that you cannot possibly go a day without playing Halo? Really? I just don't get it. Is it really that important? Brian once made me play halo with him so that I could stand still in one spot. Then he dropped a tank on my head. Achievement unlocked. He rejoiced. Ok....


#4: Getting a pet so you can "try out parenting"


What? When did a baby have the equal responsibility of having a cat? I have several friends/family participating in this form of "parenting" and I'm completely at a loss for this way of thinking. If I leave my kitten at home then I'm considered a normal person. If I leave my baby at home, then I would be a terrible parent. I can't take pets in the store, so they stay in the car. Doing that with a baby would get me a nice jail cell and/or my children taken away from me. Sorry, I do not think that having a pet is like parenting at all. They are so completely different.


#5: Other people's junk being treasures


I totally get yard sales, sure. I've gotten quite a few baby things for a lot cheaper than in the store and they are just gently used. This is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about buying a coat at a yard sale when I have 10 other coats at home. Do you need another one? Or buying the ugliest lamp you've ever seen just because it was cheap.... Sometimes I think that they are getting rid of it for a reason and that no one should have it. I don't know. That's just me.


Maybe someday I'll "get" these things. I used to hate flare jeans and now I love 'em. Could it be because wide legs were no longer sold (pity, they were comfortable) and I had to conform to the styles in the stores? Maybe.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm totally with you on the skinny jeans! I think about 1 in 1,000 girls actually can pull them off. Otherwise, you just look silly! An old Spanish teacher of mine used to say, "It looks like someone poured her into her jeans and forgot to say when!" :)

Leah Marie said...

Haha I love this post Stace. I can't in the least bit relate to nursing pads, xbox (thank goodness), or pets for parenting practice (though it doesn't make any sense to me either), but when it comes to skinny jeans, I have a few pair and these are the 3 reasons I like them: 1) They can showcase really cute ballet flats because your pant leg doesn't cover them up. 2)They look really cute with boots like you pointed out. 3) The ends of your pant leg don't get all frayed from dragging on the ground like my other jeans (maybe it's just me but I have a hard time finding jeans that aren't too short or too long). Wow, novel of a comment sorry. But I totally swore I'd never wear them and caved, so never say never!

Nicole said...

I really like skinny jeans (although i didn't always). for washable nursing pads you actually have to kinda make your own. the store bought ones don't absorb very well. However, if you buy the cheap disposable diapers you can cut those up, sew the edges, and they work great as a 'washable nursing pad'. Halo-type games actually aren't allowed in our home, so sorry, no input there. I just don't get the joy of 'gaming' in general! What you said about parenting was funny.... agreed a cat is not like a baby, however i can see someone's point where at least caring for an animal is more 'parent-like' than only caring for yourself. Junk? yeah, i'm with you 100% on that one! Finding good items are awesome, but it honestly seems like most of other peoples' junk is just that.... junk!

Erin Dougal said...

Hahaha. I'm reading this as I wear skinny jeans. Thanks for not telling me I look awful :) I totally agree with you on everything else though. And I've gotten crap about my skinny jeans from tons of people so I don't even notice really anymore that others don't like them :)

Lindsey said...

Stace, I love you :) I am so 100% with you on the Halo and the pets and the junk. I HATE HATE HATE it when people call their pets their babies- sorry but your dog is not nor ever will be a baby. I also hate vidoe games and I'm glad Orlando rarely plays them. I do own a pair of skinny jeans and I love them but they are NOT like the picture you posted- they fit like regular jeans with a skinny legged bottom. They are NOT jeggings (disgusting!) which are jeans that fit like leggings. Gross! Too many people wear those here and they are WAY WAY WAY too tight for anyone to pull off. So I agree with you on all accounts pretty much! :) Have a fabulous Monday!

Kateka said...

HA!! I thought the same thing about flare jeans. I hated them, and a few months later, I owned a pair. The thing with skinny jeans, you have to be SKINNY to wear them (not that you aren't skinny, I am saying that a lot of people who wear them SHOULDN'T... I am one of those people... I should not wear them). And I agree about the whole pet/baby thing. I think that's like saying, owning a plant is equal to having a pet... not so. You don't have to take your plant for walks and clean out it's litter box.... Finally, love that Brian made you play halo just to kill you. Ha, ha, HA!