Let's start with Claire. Picked her up this morning....poop everywhere. Bed, pj's...everything covered. At least she was happy about it, so it wasn't really too bad.
Second, Brian's brother Brik is in town for the week as he's looking at schools in Utah. He had a ice cream date with a friend from his hometown. We sat at Dairy Queen for 45 minutes waiting, calling, waiting, calling. Nothing. She never came and I think he was pretty bummed about it since he had been looking forward to it all week. Then, he had another friend from Cincinnati invite him to the BYU basketball game this evening. They got there, tickets sold out. He was stuck there, so Brian had to go get him.
Third, poor Kara. We had a shopping date planned for tonight so we could get out and find her some work pants. I was just going along for some friendly support and pretty excited about it too. She calls me up and tells me that she lost her purse in between yesterday and today. Lost purse meant lost wallet that meant no shopping. Darn. I felt so bad that she lost her purse though! That is something a woman should never lose. While telling me about her lost purse....putt.....putt......putt....she runs out of gas and is stranded in the middle of the street. Hahaha....couldn't help but laugh at this unfortunate event. I told her that Brian could go save her since I was making dinner (guess he was the picker upper tonight), push the car out of the street and buy her some gas since she, again, had no wallet to buy gas. She also had to take care of a leak at the apt. complex she manages. After that was all taken care of, she came over, we chatted, looked up stuff on etsy, and then she was informed that the leak needed to be addressed tonight, so I took her up to the apartments. When we arrive....
(Fourth) my brother calls in distress about some dating issues that I will not address since it's really none of my business to disclose the details. Today has just gone wrong for everyone I guess.
Fifth, Brian calls as I'm talking to brother about dating and Claire is crying, no, SCREAMING in the background. Most people wouldn't be bothered by this, but Brian has a really hard time with a screaming Claire. She had been crying for about 30 minutes and totally worn out by the time I got home. Just a stubborn burp that needed to come out. After a burp and some food she is off to sleep. Told you that someone would have some emotional upheaval. Poor Claire.
In conclusion, I'm so sorry to all of you who had a bad Friday. It wasn't bad for me...just a long day. I hope all of your Saturdays are much better! Happy weekend.
2 comments:
wow, what a day! It was a super long day for me too... yay for the weekend! Thanks for chatting today- I love talking to you! Hug!
Stacy, isn't it funny how resilient we mothers become? we were driving from D-land and Ethan was screaming and we were stuck in traffic-literally stopped. Ian couldn't take it and started driving crazy to find the first available exit. I got a little nervous at this point. Ethan stopped crying just as we found an exit :)
Post a Comment