Picture

Picture

Monday, November 8, 2010

Schedule Slaughter

What was the first thing that came to your mind? If you thought "vacation" or "daylight savings time," then you must have children. We all like these two events (especially the fall back an hour), right? Hm.... Let's talk.

Brian and I took a little road trip to the armpit of the United States on Thursday. We drove down to Escalante, Utah. Ever heard of it? If so, it's because Bill Clinton wasted his time on The Grand Staircase. It's not even a Staircase. They're mountains and ugly ones at that. Well, this armpit is where I spent the first 5 years of my life. It's a funny little place and you'll laugh at it if you ever go there. However, some of the mountains are beautiful and it's a granola's paradise. Anyway, my sweet Grandpa passed away, so we drove down to his funeral. Claire did sooooo wonderfully. Slept all 3 hours on the way down to Parowan where we spent the night at my cousins. That night, Claire woke up at 4:30 just to have a little snack. She ended up spending the next two hours in bed with us because we set up her pack-n-play wrong and she just sunk to the middle of it. Kind of funny actually. Then we left at 6:30 and she slept the next two hours. When we got to the church she did not eat very much and then couldn't eat until the service was over. She did marvelously and I'm so grateful because funerals are never easy. She was kind of a grumpy bear, but I would be too if I was that hungry. After the lunch in she was so wiped out that she immediately fell asleep in my arms while trying to get a 4 generation picture. Thanks Claire. I would have liked her eyes open, but at least we got one. We left as soon as she fell asleep 'cause we wanted to drive as much as we could without a screaming baby. She slept for another 3 hours and then I gave her a bottle and then she played with her burp rag until we got home. She was an absolute gem.

Why did I give you all of these uninteresting details? Because my baby, who once slept through the night, is waking up 2 to 3 times per night. Since that is now compounded with daylight savings, I will be VERY happy when she resumes her normal sleeping habits.

End of my long, boring story. :)

5 comments:

Nicole said...

ha! I'm still waiting for Landon to sleep through the night. He does great of only waking up once or twice, then will have a bad few days of about 4 times a night. Sigh. I'm totally jealous Claire EVER slept through the night!!!

Makenna said...

oh no! curse you daylight savings!

Kateka said...

Oh man, I am a baby too, and Daylight has totally thrown me out of my loop.

Anonymous said...

I think Daylight Savings ... Also, screws up everyone. No matter the age. Funny fact, my boss is the mayor of Escalante. I laugh when anyone talks about it now. :)

Lindsey said...

oh no! I"m sorry Stace! Hopefully things go back to normal soon!