Picture

Picture

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Goodbye 1-800-Contacts!

Remember how I hated my job? Well, I'm kind of sad to see it go. I know. It's one of those things that you appreciate after it's gone. I hate it when that happens. :)

Seriously though, I'm so grateful that I can stay at home with Claire all the time. I was going to try and work nights, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it because I'm already pretty darn tired as it is. I would look at my computer every day and it was as if I was looking at my sleep's impending doom lurking on my computer desk. Now that I've turned my computer and badge in, it's as if this weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. No more deciding if I should pick up while Claire is sleeping, but worrying that she would wake up the moment I got on the phone. No more feeling guilty that I didn't wake up at 5 am to earn a few extra bucks. No more huge, double screen computer taking up my entire computer desk. Our Mac is a happy Mac when it is all alone on the desk with only one actual cord that goes to the wall, one for the keyboard and one for the mouse. (I can't even tell you how much I hate pc's because of the enormous amount of cords.....work computer's especially. It had about 5,000.)

So, I took the computer in tonight. It was kind of sad. I used my badge to enter the front doors. To my right was the training area where I met the weirdest guy in my training class and actually dated him. Fun guy, but can we say, "Dodged that bullet!" Thanks Cole, we had some good times. Then I went into the elevator where he once told me that if I didn't give his hat back to him, then he would be kissing me soon. Ok....gave the hat back quickly. Up to the call center floor where Jenny and I would talk, and talk, and talk, then laugh, then eat a horribly fattening cookie, then leave early so we could go buy some hideously long earrings. We had paper snowball fights, I drew pictures, I slept under my desk after late night kissing, I cursed the people on the phones, I played board games on a slow New Year's day shift, I chatted with old friends, I did homework, I played addictinggames.com, I chatted with customers for over an hour about gospel stuff (only once) and we're now facebook friends, I worked 60 hour weeks to pay for tuition, I ate the cafeteria's disgusting food and am still alive, I watched movie's on the clock, I got paid.....sigh. 1-800-contacts, you've been good to me. I will miss those memories.

Goodbye forever! It's been a good 5 years. I won't really miss you all that much, but I've been grateful. Thanks!

2 comments:

Jenny Showalter said...

Ah! I'm so sad to see you go but I have to admit I'm pretty jealous! We had so many good times, like online shopping at stores and emailing pictures back an forth to see if we liked then or not. Or running to Wendys on our lunch break and playing guitar hero in the gym when the power went out. Oh man the memories!!!
I'm glad you'll be home with Claire but 1800 Contacts will never be the same wihout you!

Lindsey said...

SO THRILLED FOR YOU! I felt a huge rush of relief when I read this- no more stressing for you! I want to hear all about your halloween with Claire now- lets talk soon! Love!