Picture

Picture

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Brothers, Trash, and Theft

Story time. How do brothers, trash, and theft relate to each other? Well, I will tell you. Last night, my brother called to tell me that he and his girlfriend were coming over. Well, with baby diapers, the trash gets kind of stinky, so I had Brian take out the trash. We don't usually take it out at night because it's kind of scary (rape central) without lights over by the dumpster. Anyway, when Brian came back in, he said that there were some people in the carport by our storage units just chilling and talking. We got a flashlight and went out to see who it was since it all seemed kind of strange. When we shined our flashlight on them, we had no idea who they were, so we asked them if we could help them with anything. "Uh, we're just waiting for some people," they said. Then they guy started pounding on the building with his foot. Ok....weird. We were a little freaked out and didn't really want to get ourselves into anything dangerous so we went back inside where we proceeded to embarrass ourselves in front of Jason's girlfriend until midnight.

After they left, we went back outside to see if everything was okay. They had kicked off our storage unit's door handle and tried to card the door. I think I'm a pretty good door carder, so I tried and luckily I couldn't get it to budge; however, since the other side of the handle was still in the door, all I had to do was get some pliers and open it pretty easily. We had all of our camping stuff and snowboarding stuff in there, so I was kind of worried about it. Nothing was taken luckily. We brought everything inside just to be sure we still had it in the morning. We left our christmas stuff out there since Brian's convinced that they only take "valuables." They sure would ruin my christmas if they had the heart to take that, so shame on them if they would have.

I'm not sure why they didn't finish their dirty little duty. Maybe it was because we went out and saw them, so if we did call the cops, we could give a good description. Who knows. For some reason I feel that if my brother didn't call, then we wouldn't have taken out the trash and seen them and then we would be camping gear-less and two snowboards short right now. We'll be getting deadbolts this week. Hopefully that will be enough.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, stac.... quite the story! Glad they didn't take anything and you guys were safe.

Makenna said...

yup, glad you're safe and sound. BUT I want to see pictures of baby Claire! I'm sure she's changed so much since I saw her last. Ethan sure does. I posted tons of pictures so you need to too. :) our baby swap picture still makes me very happy! SO CUTE!