Picture

Picture

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Brian and I have been married for 2 years now! Although our anniversary was on Sunday, we celebrated it on Saturday of course. We started out by going to the Orem summerfest and walked around the little booths. Of course it started to downpour, so Brian and I stood under a tree until the rain stopped. Now, something that I've ALWAYS wanted to do is get my character picture drawn, but my mom always said that it was a waste of money. It was so fun!!! I love it! He even caught my funny crooked smile. Brian thinks his cheeks look funny, but it was cold outside and his cheeks were a little red. Here's our beauty. :) I think it's fun. :)


After we got rained out at the summerfest, we drove around looking for a frame for forever! We had a lot of time to spare, so it didn't really matter. We went to Zupas for dinner because Brian is in love with their soup and I had their really yummy Hawaiian sandwich. YUM! I like Zupas because it's semi-healthy and it's even cheaper than fast food...and it tastes better!! :)

After dinner we went to Color Me Mine for the very first time! It was sooo much fun! Brian decided to do a birthday plate, and I made a little hippo for Claire's room and a small ice cream bowl for myself. We concentrated so hard on painting the whole time that we didn't really talk much; however, we had a great time. Brian even looked at me once and said, "I know it doesn't seem like it because I'm so quiet, but I'm having a blast!" It was something new and we definitely will be going back soon! We loved it!!! Our real entertainment consisted of a couple sitting next to us. They were on their first date and it was rather embarrassing for them at times. The girl mentioned that she had lasik and that her eyes were her "real eyes." He then said, "and what gorgeous eyes they are. You should look at them in the mirror sometime. Really. They're beautiful." The girl sat in silence for the next few seconds while Brian and I burst out laughing! I'm sure we made the guy feel pretty stupid because I couldn't even control it. It was hilarious! We had to leave our table to gain composure so they could get back to their awkward conversation. :)

Brian's been impatiently waiting to pick up our stuff all week, and we just got them today. Here they are:

Brian's fishy birthday plate. He loves fish.

Ice cream bowl and hippo


Yummy yummy ice cream!!

Well, we had a blast!! Happy Anniversary to us!

8 comments:

Janaca said...

You guys did great on your projects! I love them. Sounds like a fun place but I'm not artistic at all. I'd probably end up hating mine! Sorry your got rained out...bummer. Happy anniversary to you both!

Katie K said...

Cute! I'm pretty impressed with the fish plate and I love the cute hippo! Yay for 2 years!

Lindsey said...

COngrats!! I LOVE your ice cream bowl! Yum! And the caricature of the two if you is awesome :)

kayla said...

That is a funny story of the couple on a date haha. Don't you just love being married and not having to go through those awkward moments anymore haha. Great job on the projects they are super cute.

The Nicholsons said...

How Fun! I noticed on your the side of your blog that it say 35 days to go!! Woot woot!! That is super exciting and it sounds like you had a fun anniversary! The cartoon picture of you guys is so cute! It make me want to get one done of us! Happy 35 days to go :)
(and I still have that gift for you!)

Marie said...

Color Me Mine is something I've always wanted to do, but we never have. After seeing your pictures, I think we're going to make it a higher priority. I love the hippo :)

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary!!! :) Awesome ice cream bowl.... although i'm positive mine would have been about 5 times bigger than that.... I don't think it's physically possible for ice-cream to fit in a bowl that size at my house.... :) HA! And i think your picture looks awesome.... he did a good job of making it actually LOOK like you guys! So fun to have!

Meredith said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!! I've been wanting to try Color me Mine, but just haven't yet. I don't know if I can talk Jason into it...