First of all, Brian and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary this past weekend, but we haven't gotten our things from Color Me Mine yet, so I want to wait and post pictures when we pick them up on Thursday. :) I guess it will be more fun with pictures. :)
First funny. Brian just recently learned, from his brother, that when a woman is dialating in labor it does not mean her eyes are dialating. He always thought it was the eyes! Oh dear. It was when his brother, Jeff, said his wife was dialated to 7cm that he knew it wasn't your eyes.
Second funny. Brian thought that babies didn't breathe until you spank them. Yes folks, he's getting a Ph.D. :) Luckily it's in chemistry. I think that whole idea came from old movies? I'm not sure.
Third funny. Our Lamaze teacher told us to talk to a financial eligibility cousellor since we have an extremely high deductable (thanks to crappy BYU insurance) to see if we qualify for medicaid. So, we came home last night and I was in a weird mood. If we did qualify for medicaid, I would probably have to quit my job right now....which would be a wonderful thing since it's the source of most of my anxiety, but what in the heck would I do all day for a month??? So, there I am, laying on our bed thinking about not working ever again. It made me feel strange. First of all, let's face it, I DO NOT like my job. I work in a call center....who likes working in a call center? Although I don't like my job I haven't been unemployed since I was 15 years old and I feel so useless not helping contribute to our financial well being. I'll be a bump on a log. (Not really, but that's how I felt). Anyway, I was laying on our bed staring at the clothes in my closet and feeling pretty weird. I started thinking about how we would be so poor if I quit working now (even though we're going to be poor after Claire is born) and that I wouldn't be able to buy some much needed post-pregnancy jeans. Brian came in to see how I was doing and I became hysterical. I started spouting off all this nonsense about how I can't buy fabric. FABRIC! What in the world? I was worried that I couldn't buy fabric for the future pioneer clothes that I would have to make myself. Can we say OVER-REACTION??? The entire time I'm saying all of this I am laughing my guts out and crying because I'm laughing so hard. Brian was laughing at me, but looking bewildered at the same time. He just kept telling me, through his laughing, that I could buy all the fabric I wanted if that was really my concern. I felt much better after I could control my emotions and no, I will not be sewing my own jeans. We will be just fine after the baby is born.
To finish off the story, I went to the hospital today and we do not qualify for medicaid just as we predicted. I'll just thank our teacher for putting the idea in my head and making me over-react. :) I'm sure that wasn't her intention, but oh well.
4 comments:
hahaha thank you, this was hilarious! :)I love you and Brian :)
Wow! That was one funny post. That's HILARIOUS that he thought the dilating was a womans EYES! Haha!! Don't you love the prego crazy hormones? I love that you were laughing and crying all at the same time. I'm sure things will all work out though!
hee hee hee hee...... boys say/do/think the FUNNIEST things sometimes..... I'm sure he LOVES that you put all this on your blog. haha!
Hey! I just popped over when I saw your comment on katie's blog. That dilation thing is pretty funny! Good luck in your last month!
Post a Comment