Picture

Picture

Friday, May 21, 2010

Vacation Update

Brian and I just got back from our one week long vacation in Park City. It was wonderful! VERY different from last year, but great nonetheless. Brian's parents let us use their timeshare again. We keep telling them that we'll never get a timeshare, but we sure love using theirs!!! So, last year we hung out by the pool, soaked up the sun, went mountain biking, did the Alpine slide and coasters, shopped, shopped, and did some more shopping. This year....Sun? Where was the sun? Sad. We didn't even get to swim and of course I couldn't go hot tubbing because of the baby, so I put my legs in while Brian enjoyed it. We couldn't go mountain biking, and we're having a little thing called Claire, so we couldn't go shopping, shopping, and more shopping again. We did go to the outlets for fun and "tried" to shop, but everything I put on didn't look good with a pregnant belly, so it was easy not to buy anything. I did find some ADORABLE outfits for our little girl for super super cheap though. Oh dear.....I'm doing the mom thing. I'm going to look like crap while my children are well dressed (no offense to mom's that do this, but I know that my mom did this for years. Haha. "Mom jeans" anyone?). :) Our friends, Jason and Kayli came up for the weekend with us and, I don't know about them, but we had a blast with them just relaxing and hanging out. They probably think we're super boring, but we sure enjoy chatting with them for hours. Kayli and I saw Letters to Juliet while we were there.....SOOOOO CUTE!!! We loved it even though we were laughing at the end because of the ridiculous writing. You know, the kind that you're so embarrassed to hear, but secretly wish it was said to you. Yeah...that kind. :) They also made the BEST steak ever for us on Sunday, so we'll be attending their family dinners more often now. :)

After Jason and Kayli left, our vacation turned into an animal-cation. We watched HOURS of Animal Planet (sadly, we both find it interesting). Brian loves animals. Loves to talk about them, watch them, buy them...you name it, he loves it. We did play some games too, but there's not much to do in Park City....scratch that.....on any vacation if you're not going to spend some kind of moolah. We were happy just relaxing inside (especially since it was like 40 degrees all week up there). Anyway, about our animal-cation. We ended up going to the Hogle Zoo and these are the only pictures we took then entire week. We also went to The Living Planet Aquarium and then to Ikea to find a fish stand (aka...a cheap desk) so that Brian can have a new pet. See what I mean, animal vacation.












LOOK HOW CUTE!!!!!! Little elephants are the most adorable thing!

This is an elephant skull. It's almost as big as my upper body. Huge!


Oh, and of course Brian slept in WAAAAYYYY later than I did everyday. So this is what he would be doing all morning while I made breakfast....then lunch, picked up, went to the fitness center, showered and got ready. Sometimes I wish I could sleep until 11. Sadly, that will never happen.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh this really makes me miss you!!!! I'm glad you had a fun vacation- sorry about the lame weather :( Can't wait to Skype soon! Love lots and lots!

Meredith said...

That sounds very relaxing! I'm glad you had fun. And you are adorable. That is all.

kayla said...

Sounds like you had a fun vacation!
Hey I was thinking I would love to do maternity pictures and newborn pictures for you for free. I'm getting into photography and want to practice. If you would like that then let me know. We move down to Utah next weekend and I'm jobless so I'm wide open. I would give you all the pictures on a CD.