I thought this was the cutest thing. I started teaching my cousin piano lessons and I thought it was going to be horrible since I've taught family before and it was absolutely ridiculous. I hated it. However, they were immature, and so was I at the time being only 17 years old. I didn't want to deal with their crap, but I also didn't make it any fun AT ALL. So this time, I've tried to think of games and fun things to do to get her excited to learn piano. The first lesson was INCREDIBLY awkward for me since my aunt hovered over my shoulder the whole time and watched me teach. I do not like it when the parents stay to "coach" their kids or watch their lesson. It makes me feel super weird. Anyway, I thought the first lesson was fine, but not anything stellar. I guess Kierra liked it though. When she got in the car after the lesson, she told her momr that her mouth hurt. What??? I didn't make her hold her mouth open the entire lesson, get dental impressions, or even sing. She actually didn't even talk the almost the entire lesson. How could her mouth hurt? Anyway, her mom asked her why her mouth hurt and she said, "I just can't stop smiling" and proceeded to tell her how much she liked her lesson. That made me so happy. :) Her next lesson was even more fun! I teach her for an entire hour since they're commuting down and we do one lesson every two weeks instead of weekly. I thought it would be hard to do an hour lesson, but she loved it and I really enjoyed it too. So much more fun when you're creative with theory lessons!!
Another fun fact is that I have 59 days left of being pregnant!!!! YAY! I never thought I would finally make it under 60 days! I miss my clothes and I'm ready to sleep on my stomach and take hot baths. :) I'm getting soooo anxious to get her here and see what she looks like!!! It scares me at times just because it's such a HUGE change, but I'm sooo excited. It will also be nice not to get punched in the ribs everyday. 59 days.....
5 comments:
59 DAYS!!!! WOO HOO!!! I also CANNOT WAIT to meet her!!! :)
woo-hoo! Good for you :) that's an awesome compliment, too that your cousin 'couldn't stop smiling'.... :) too cute.
You must be a great teacher for her to be constantly smiling! That's so cute. Hope you guys continue to have great lessons together. Your baby girl will be here before you know it!
That is great! Only 58 days now!! I wasn't able to sleep on my stomach right after I had my little boy. Once my milk came in, I couldn't sleep on my stomach because I would end up sleeping in a puddle! It is better now that my milk production has slowed down. Good Luck! :)
yeah, mom's hovering for lessons is not good. But so awesome that you're such an amazing teacher :) I'm getting to the point that I can't hardly think of fun games to teach anymore and feeling burned out on the whole teaching thing, but it comes and goes. So glad to see you this weekend! miss you guys like crazy.
Post a Comment