Picture

Picture

Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Little Ridiculousness

Midnight at our house gets kind of funny sometimes. Growing up at the Woolsey house we ate toast for a midnight snack. I guess it was different at the Anderson house and I've never gotten used to it. I don't like to eat a ton of food right before bed, but Brian turns into a pathetic, starving child when he's hungry at midnight. This is what happened last night:

Brian gets in bed and starts playing a game, turns to me and tells me that he's hungry. "Ok. You're a big boy and can get your own food" is what I'm thinking since I'm in bed and definitely do not want to get out. So, he finally gets out of bed and goes to the kitchen. All I hear are cupboards opening and closing with one groan after another. Finally he lets out this sigh/arg! sound and says, "We don't have ANY junk food! I'm so hungry! You never buy me chips!" First of all, that's....FALSE. I buy chips all the time, they just don't last very long because he eats them in one sitting. Second, we have tons of crappy food sitting out on our counter from people bringing us treats all the time. He runs back into the bed and plops, defeated, but still complaining about how hungry he is. So, I roll out of bed and go to the kitchen. What do I find? A cookie with ONE bite taken out of it. There are cupcakes on the counter with brownies sitting next to them too. No junk food? Who is he? I ask him about the barely eaten cookie and he just starts to laugh saying that he just didn't want it anymore. Ok....fine. Don't eat the cookie, but don't leave it on the counter. Throw it away for goodness sakes. Do any of you know any children that would get along with Brian's eating habits. I sure do. So anyway, my wise upbringing looks to the toaster. "Brian, would you like an english muffin?" "YUM! I want 4 halves, please!" Then he continues to sit in bed while I play waitress and make his food. After he ate half the bag of english muffins he was too full. Go figure.

Now, one thing that just drives me NUTS is having to get out of bed to fetch Brian's phone in the morning when the alarm is going off. Make him go get it? I've tried that. He just rolls over, puts the covers over his head, and says, "Don't worry, it will stop soon." Uh....no, it doesn't stop soon and even if it did, it would go off 5 minutes later. So, this morning his phone was sitting on the desk in the living room and the alarm went off. Of course I have to get out of bed and go get it. When I pick it up and go back to the room to (gently) chuck it at his sleeping body, he is laying in bed and holding up my phone saying, "Look honey, I've got your phone too." At the time I did NOT think it was funny. So I took my phone away from him and thew his at him for him to turn it off. (Man, I sound kinda mean. I just like my morning sleeping before work.) Now, 2 hours later, I think his pathetic attempt to get out of trouble by holding my phone too is pretty ridiculous.

Last story, I promise. I had to watch Brian's grandma on Tuesday while Grandpa went to an endowment session. She has dementia so she has no short term memory. She asked me about 5 times if I was married or not. She knows me well enough to know that I'm safe to be with, but she doesn't remember that I'm related to her. Anyway, she asked (about 5 times) if I had any kids. Each time I would tell her that we have our first one on the way and due in July. Each time she would get a surprised look on her face and tell me, "OH! I thought you were getting a little chubby, but I didn't want to say anything." Haha! Thanks Grandma. I love being told that I'm looking chubby, but more importantly I love hearing it 5 more times just because she forgot that she had already said it. :) I love Grandparents.


4 comments:

Nicole said...

:) k, stacy...... those are hilarious. I definitely have my own mean stories of things i've done with my hubby. When i'm really and seriously mad at him i throw things at him......... but in that one second as i'm looking for something to throw i think, "hmm...... what won't REALLY hurt him (even though i want it to) and what won't break when he dodges it???" i've resulted in Socks (i know.... but i was folding laundry at the time) and my car keys. neither of them really gave me satisfaction at the time, either. I'm a mean wife.

kayla said...

Hahaha I love all the stories those are hilarious.

Kateka said...

Ha, ha, ha. Love them all.

I throw Stu's phone at his like HEAD all the time. And they are TOTAL babies. Stu can never make his own food, or find anything I tell him to look for even though it's in plain sight.

I totally do the same thing as your grandma. I have no memory either so people will tell me something and I'll react and then forget and then they'll tell me again a week later and I'll react exactly the same way because to me it's the first time I've ever heard the news (even though it's actually the second, or third or fourth), but my reaction never changes, again, just like the grandma.

Meredith said...

Oh Stacy, this post made me laugh a lot. Sometimes husbands are just extremely ridiculous, aren't they? :) I