I am not from Texas. I still sometimes call these flowers Bluebells. I guess I get confused somewhere in between plants and ice cream. I dunno. Last year I did not understand all the rage over the whole bluebonnet picture taking. Last year I was also a little less wise than I am today. Maybe it's wisdom, maybe it's a little more Texas in my blood, but either way, I was NOT going to miss these little flowers this year. I decided this right after all the flowers died last year and I regretted my non-conformity.

All things were going well with the kids until Jared saw a black cricket on Hailey's foot. That was about 2 minutes into the whole session. Great. He was horrible from there on out and afraid of every bug known to mankind. No amount of my idiocy was going to make him smile....until a buffalo animal cracker was walking across my tummy and started eating mommy. He may have given me one or two happier glances. Hailey was much too interested in the world to smile at me on purpose and Claire was more than happy to let me have an oldest child session. Just her, my camera, and this new, beautiful world of flowers she had discovered. We even got to bring home several bouquets in my purse.
LOOK!!!! BUTTERFLIES!!! Hailey didn't get the memo.
Afraid of all the bugs, but he's in total heaven with his Ladybugs and Pill Bugs.
Eating animal crackers.
This was basically how the whole thing went, only with Jared screaming more.
Ornery boy.
"Jared, do you want to eat the cracker?"
"NO! HULK SMASH!"
????
And....because I couldn't choose just one....
That thumb!
2 comments:
These kiddos are SO cute!!! And my goodness Hailey got way too big way too fast!! She's darling and so your mini me!!! I love it!
I must admit. We've been here nearly 8 years and still haven't taken a bluebonnet picture. I keep meaning to but every Spring gets so busy!!
Post a Comment