Picture

Picture

Friday, February 27, 2015

10 Things I Said I Would Never Do

I love lists. I don't care if they're to do lists, not to-do lists, accomplishments, whatevs. Just lists. They're cute. So, I'm doing my own lists for a few days and we're going to start with this list.

10 Things I Said I Would Never Do

1. Let's get this one over with. Four years ago I claimed that I would NEVER wear skinny jeans. "Ever". By gosh almighty, these thighs have been in skinny jeans. Silly me. Get with the times, Stace! At least back then I had the decency to pick a picture with an adorable pair of pants. This one....


I should have seen it coming. They're adorable. My legs love them. My confidence loves them. They are pretty darn perfectly cute. 

2. Weight Watchers. I remember being in my sophomore year of college when one of my good friends told me that she was on and off of weight watchers through her high school years. I thought this was ridiculous. One, because she always looked good. I never thought she looked like she needed to lose weight. Second, because I didn't think any person in their right mind should tell their daughter to be on weight watchers let alone through her adolescence when everything is horrible. 

Obviously, I have changed my viewpoint on this one and I love WW with my whole, heart, soul, and smaller bootay. I have also changed my viewpoint on opinion #2. Not that I think we mothers should all make our daughters self-concious about their weight and all get on the band wagon, but more because I think it's very helpful for every single person to keep track of what they put in their body from a health perspective. It's not just about weight.

3. Make-up. No, no, no. I never said that I wouldn't wear make up. That would just be silly, for me. I was driving down Provo's Center Street about to turn right on University Avenue in the car with best friend, Kara, and I claimed that I would never ever buy eyeshadow that cost me over $5. I believe I said, "Why on earth would you need to spend tons of money on eyeshadow." Because old fool, it rocks my socks! At the time I had ONE single compact of about three colors. Almay. Always the same. Never different. And I thought it was awesome. Ahem....Let me introduce you to my makeup collection today. Well....most of it....

See that middle bag in all of it's bulging gloriousness? I need a better system. It's all eyeshadow (maybe a blush or two) .... :)

The lipstick/highshine/random drawer. 

I like to stay positive here. It could always be much worse. MUCH worse. I've seen worse, so I don't think this is that bad. :) Much worse would also be MUCH more fun. :) There's no addiction problem here, I assure you.

4. Be a Scheduler. I ALWAYS wanted to be one of those spontaneous, fun people. People, I am not that spontaneous. Not at all. When I was first married, Brian would invite people over for Sunday dinner and I would cry my eyes out because I didn't think we had enough potatoes to feed everyone. He just didn't give me enough time to plan! There was no way on this earth that I would ever make someone hot dogs or some concoction from random ingredients I had in my kitchen. Good gravy! Since these first "trying" years, we have learned the need for advanced notice for my mental health. Planning ahead, meal planning, heck....even hourly planning sometimes makes me a very effective, efficient, and happy individual. 

Here is my current 3 week rotational menu. I'll change it in probably two months when I'm sick of this food. It's a very efficient system. I even have lists for the exact foods I need each week. Gosh, I'm  boring. 

5. "I Will Never Dye My Hair". I finally did it. I dyed my hair brown last summer. It was super fun actually dying it, but after it was done I was a little underwhelmed with what it looked like. It was fine, but I thought the color was a little boring. Some people told me that it was cute, but most people told me, "Well, I like your natural color better." I was never sure whether or not I wanted to  feel momentarily hideous or just take it as information. Meh. Someday I hope to rock some insanely awesome Britney Snow-like red hair like she has in Pitch Perfect. Someday when I have enough money to pay someone else to do it.




6. Consider working outside the home. This is still a little tender to me. I have never wanted to be anything else other than a stay at home mom. It is my number one priority and all time desire. Brian and I have recently been talking about what I'm going to do after our kids are older/grown and it was quite stressful for me. I didn't get my bachelor's degree in something that I'd really like to use, nor is it very useful. For what I want to do, it would require me to get a part time job while my kids are still relatively young (working nights hopefully) and go back to school. Thinking about doing this any time soon brings me to tears and that's why it's on the back burner until our youngest is around preschool age (or at least 2). However, I don't want to get to the point in my life where all my kids are gone (either at school during the day or moved out) and not have anything to work for. I actually really enjoy having a job. So, here's to planning and being motivated for the future!

7. Humidity. I claimed that I would never live in a state with high humidity and like it. I would live there and hate it. Guys and gals, I like it. The first summer here was a giant sweaty mess and I found any excuse I could to stay in my swimsuit all day. One summer down and another one hits. I'm still a giant sweaty mess, but I've realized that everyone else is too and I no longer care. It's also great for your skin. Last thing, Brian claims that Utah causes dry crusties in his nose, so living here has guaranteed less nose picking for all (I won't tell him I wrote that if you won't). :) 


8. Never work out in the morning.
In my, what I like to call "chubby days", I claimed that working out at night was far more effective than doing a half-hearted workout in the wee hours of the morning. I wonder if I said that because I never did it at all, but I at least thought about it during the course of the day. Hm. We'll never know. I actually don't really think there is an optimal time of day that's best, I think it's just best if it works for you. Morning. 5:45 am works best for me. Kids are asleep. The world is asleep. It's just me and my ugly jumping lunges. And I like it.

9. Speaking of working out, I told myself that there was absolutely no reason for me to ever run over 3.1 miles. A 5k was all this body was built to handle. One thing was even more sure...I would never aspire to even run a half marathon. Never! Well, about 3 weeks ago, I woke up feeling awesome and decided to run a the distance of a 10k. Apparently I had a herniated trigger point in my leg and my inner thigh was in excruciating pain, but I did it....and I ran the whole thing. It wasn't that hard. Now, the goal is a half marathon. I think I might be able to safely say that I will never run a full marathon...but you never know. And then on the flip side, I'm going to safely say that I never want to run a full marathon. That's a lot of miles.

10. Wear socks to bed. I don't really like socks. I don't really like shoes. Thank you to the person who invented sandals and flip-flops. They are just so easy. I actually find it ironic that I wear socks to bed right now. Why you ask? Because it's SO DARN COLD! Yes! It's cold.....in Texas....and I'm from Utah. It doesn't make any sense at all. Come on Texas! Start acting like yourself. 

And...I'm out.






3 comments:

Jason said...

And with this post I'm ready to buy a plane ticket and fly down to see you and your ridiculousness. But I'll wait until it's hot, humid, and sticky. I like that. I like it a lot.

briananderson1282 said...

I don't pick my nose! I have no bad habits!

Scooby and Jon said...

Be careful with that full marathon thing- I said I would never want to because it's too long and crazy, and well, then I signed up for a full marathon. ;)