This adorable 4 year old started preschool today! Due her semi-lame mom, she started a week late, but all went well. She was so excited to buy her new clothes and especially her new backpack. She was even so excited that she obediently went to bed an hour earlier than she's used to. I'm sure she would have been less tired this morning had Jared let her actually go to sleep last night instead of jumping all over her. Maybe tomorrow. :)
Her teacher, Ms. MinTurn, is young as can be and looks very nice. Claire came home and told me that she got to sing lots of songs (head, shoulders, knees and toes) that she's learned in primary. The biggest story of the day was the trip to the bathroom and the drinking fountain. Although they feed them breakfast every day, Claire insists that she didn't eat breakfast because they ran out of food. I can assure you that she ate breakfast because she was happy. If breakfast would have been missed, she would have been an emotional basket case.
We also celebrated my 28th birthday last weekend. Instead of a gift, I wanted to have a fun family day. I'd rather do something during the day than do nothing, but get a gift at the end of the day. We decided to go to Fort Worth and see the Botanic Gardens and the Water Gardens. It was HOT!!!!! We were dying by the end, but it was very fun and very beautiful.
We came home to eat a most delicious steak dinner and far too many cupcakes. We had a wonderful time in our very low key birthday kind of way.
Let it be known that I am OBSESSED with these yellow pants. :)
Japanese Gardens
Love this green stinky water. It makes everything so beautiful.
Daring, you say? Claire did fall in a little at the end just as Brian let go of her hands. Only her feet and shins got wet, but she was oh so traumatized.
Feeding the fish was a big hit.
We didn't have enough time at the water gardens. Brian and I took turns literally running through this. It is so cool and I can't wait to go back to spend some time there.
Happy cupcakes!
28 feels so good. I love even numbers. :)




















3 comments:
Happy Birthday, you deserve a great day. This was so fun!! AND your photography is getting so great!
Happy Preschool day to Claire and Happy Birthday to you!! It's been an eventful week around your house! glad it's been fun!
So fun for Claire to start preschool and happy belated birthday to you! I forget we were a couple of the young ones of our grade. :) Looks like a super fun outing!
Post a Comment