Picture

Picture

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Photography Class: Week 1

So, I'm taking an online photography class from Nicole's Classes and I'm really liking it. I've had the book for a few years, but I just didn't buckle down and take pictures for practicing like I need to. The information was all there, but I wasn't really putting into practice what I read. The class has been incredibly helpful to force me to do it and not be lazy about my settings. I really like to learn and be in "school", so this has been a fun break from the norm.

Here are my week one shots. Please remember that I am not a pro....I am learning. Our teachers are VERY constructive criticism minded and I wish they were a little more....uh....helpful with their feedback as to how I can get better. Don't get me wrong, I love constructive comments, but I also know my pictures aren't perfect or where I want them to be, so feel free to tell me what you think. I promise my feelings won't get hurt if you say, "GOSH DARN DIGGITY! What were you thinking taking a picture this bad???" I'll love it. :)


Shutter speed: I couldn't get my shutter speed fast enough to match my exposure in my house on the first two pictures, so I had to take the second two. I think Claire's hair looks cool though.


Slow vs. fast shutter speed and how it affects your moving image.



Depth of Field 



I had to tell a story of a person/object for the day. Claire was the subject because Jared moves too much. Claire has been a dream subject!













ISO: 100, then 400, then 1600.



2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm jealous that you're taking one of her classes! I used to read her blog all the time and want to sign up for a class. Maybe someday. Hope it's a wonderful experience and that you come out feeling like a pro in the end! :)

bethany said...

Talk about telling a story with pictures . . . your story of Claire in a day is incredible. I feel like I got a glimpse into her very real little life. Beautiful, fun, and touching. What a great challenge for you to take on!