Picture

Picture

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weight Watchers: Weeks 1 and 2

So, I'm not sure if there is a person alive who misses crappy food as much as I do. Ok, maybe my mom. And maybe my best friend. And maybe that girl I saw at Ikea who I heard had just started weight watchers and was starving at the end of the day. So....the four of us. :)

Anyway, I thought I'd just, you know, document how far I've come since starting 2 weeks ago. If I ever stop and start this thing again in the far future, I'll be able to look back and remember that I didn't die of starvation.

Day 1. Oh....day one....how cruel you are. If ever people start and stop weight watchers, it's gotta be within the first 2 days. I seriously thought I was going to starve to death or turn red from eating my weight in strawberries. I was soooooo hungry!!!!! I felt as if I would never get enough food to sustain life. I was ornery. Brian was understanding. He would ask what was wrong and immediately answer his question, "Oh yeah....you're hungry. This will take some getting used to." He has been very supportive (until he eats all those delicious looking Doritos...curse).

I have also been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred because I also want to tone those lovely love handles out of my life and dieting alone isn't going to do it for me. I also thought I was going to die on the first day of this too. Never has that amount of liquid left my body from sweating. Never.

Days 3-7: MUCH BETTTER! Ah! 26 points are starting to seem like quite a bit of food these days. Funny. I never realized how much unintentional snacking I did...all day long. Food is always on the brain since I'm just a fat kid at heart. I'm not that person who eats an apple for my extra 2 points at night. No, no. I ate my jelly beans and they tasted like heaven....all 13 of them.

Week 2: Weekends are hard. Babyshowers and birthdays make it harder because all those darn sweets just taste soooo good! Oh, those 14 M&M's for far too many points made my entire weekend evolve into a tasty bubble of sweetness that made my brain burst with happiness.

By this time I have lost 5 pounds and my 30 day shred workouts are making a huge difference! I'm not dying with every hop, skip and jump. I can feel myself getting stronger and heaven only knows how far I've come with crunches. My pants are fitting loosely and I'm feeling more confident. I went down a dress size and I can't say enough how much I love that!

So, needless to say, I love weight watchers. LOVE IT. I'm a little obsessed with it. I thought it would be so annoying to count everything and measure my food, but it's good, healthy, and fun.

I do have two sort of after thoughts. The first: Why is it that when you loose weight, it always comes off of my bust first? Doesn't your body know that all of the fat should transfer up there and make you more busty? Goodness. Someday I hope that I figure that one out.

Second: POPCHIPS. They are delicious and....dare I say it....a health(ier) chip! Try 'em.

4 comments:

Bobbi Hinton said...

I hear ya! I swear I lose my entire chest before I lose anything. And of course the stomach/hips are the last to go. But congrats on your success so far. When you are done with 30 Day Shred, you should do Ripped in 30. It's very similar.

Lindsey said...

I'm so proud of you!!! And seriously impressed- 5 pounds!! I've lost two and I've been at it a whole week longer than you! Ido miss fat food. A lot.

Rachel said...

Go Stacy! Keep me posted on this adventure of yours, I might just get inspired enough to lose some weight myself. :)

Kateka said...

Congratulations! Woot woot!! The first week is always the hardest! And I swear, so much of the battle is in your head. There will be times, when trying to improve my health, that the first few days I feel like I am starved (even after I've just eaten) and I have to remind myself that my entire body is adjusting. The stomach needs to shrink, and learn how to not crave massive portions, sweets, fats, etc and that it's a major process for the mindy, body, soul, etc. So way to go girl!! Sounds like you're rocking it. And isn't amazing how motivating weight loss is?