So, I've been a total slacker on blogging lately....well, since I became a mother of two. Where does the time go? I can't get my laundry folded, there are ALWAYS dishes in the sink, the house is a wreck ALL. THE. TIME. and I just don't feel like I can catch up. Even when I do seem to catch up, tornado Claire comes walking through the house. Naturally the blog has been the last thing on my mind.
Claire is just as cute as can be, but naughty like every other two year old. She was being extremely mean to Jared. I'm talking REALLY mean. I know that siblings hit each other, but she would hit him, go to time out, come out and grab his hair and shove him (hard) so his head would loudly thud on the ground. Cue the screaming and wailing from everyone in the house. I tried time-out. It just didn't work. I tried spanking a couple of times, but I guess I just didn't spank correctly because she would usually end up smiling at me afterward. The only thing that has really worked so far is talking through the "we don't hit brother.....now give him kisses" scenario and spending more time with her. I think she feels a little left out since he feels the need to be held by mommy all the time. So, Claire and I have had more one on one time, more reading together, and we even had a "Date with Mommy" yesterday. It was FUN! We went to Macey's to eat an ENORMOUS 89 cent ice cream cone. Seriously, huge! Then we went next door to the dollar store and got her a crown for her halloween costume and a princess wand. She thinks Aurora is cooler than sliced bread, so the princess thing is always happening at our house. Needless to say, we both had a wonderful time and I love chillin' with my cute little girl!
Oh yeah, Claire's new thing is to be completely naked below the waist. I make sure she has her diaper on, but sometimes that is even a trial. She will wake up, "MOMMY! PANTS OFF." As soon as her jammies are off, she must have a pink shirt on right away. No other color...just pink.
Jared is teething. Ugh. Poor little guy. I dislike the teething phase almost as much as they do....maybe more. He sleeps really great until the Tylenol wears off, and then I'm up every 1-2 hours with him screaming. I'm just too tired to make my way to the kitchen to find another does of the magical fluid. Other than that, he's happy as a clam. Such a good little boy. He is actually kind of a tough cookie to crack. He doesn't laugh as often as Claire did and you really have to work for those giggles. He still has that shrill scream he was born with and he uses it to his advantage. He has the most gorgeous blue eyes I've ever seen and, well, he's just adorable. He makes me work at his meals as well. He does not like baby food from a jar; however, he can't get enough of the applesauce I just canned. I think he eats his weight in applesauce every day. He flails his arms all over the place until I give him more. He loves my bread and will chow on that as long as there is a supply of it. Where did these 7 months go?
MIRACLE DAY! Jared will NOT sleep if you move him from the car. The minute the car door opens, he is wide awake even if he looks like a zombie.
Eating bread with mommy
Claire's other new thing is eating FROZEN PEAS. I think it's disgusting to eat cold peas let alone frozen ones. She loves them and will eat mounds of them. I'll oblige, plus, it's one less thing I have to cook.
Coming soon: This weekends wet/dirty diaper stories.



3 comments:
I'm excited for the wet/dirty diaper stories since I was on the phone and heard the accusations! Haha!
Luc is the same with his car seat- he has this 6th sense that wakes him up AS SOON AS THE MOTOR IS OFF. I hate it :) that Claire is darling! I'm glad you're finding ways to help her be nice to brother because that Jared is just so cute! I love him! Can't believe he's 7 months old, crazy!
I hear you on the .....the house is wreck. ALL. THE. TIME......thing. I feel the same way!! It's so hard to get on top of things....I think it's a life-long-motherhood quest!!
Post a Comment