Picture

Picture

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Long Lost Prayer

So, this may be a somewhat silly story, but I just HAVE to blog about it. You can make fun of me later.

I had this necklace - a favorite. Charms. Jade. Gold. Beautiful. I had it for about 6 months and never ever wore it. It was like a struck gold when I wore it the first time. I loved it. How could I have this and never wear it? Crazy, I know. How in the WORLD could a woman own something she doesn't wear? Right? (Thinking of my closet, at least half of it hasn't been touched in months....MOVING ON!)

Anyway, this necklace had become my go-to gal pal and we were quickly becoming besties. Her and me....me and her....we were a good team. Until I lost her. (Insert wimpery sobs here). Our devastating parting happened sometime in January or February. I know....poor Jared hasn't even met her. :)

If you know me at all, I HATE it when things are lost. Detest and despise the lostness of the item! (I once lost chapstick at a park and found it a week later....a result of lots of searching). It drives me almost mad! So, after this lovely beauty was just a memory, I went over the days previous over and over. Mentally searching for clues of where I could have left it. Where it could have fallen. Who's little hands could have taken it. I had ideas, but none of them produced any fruits. I dissected my house. Dressers emptied and put back together. Toy boxes eagerly rummaged through. Beds lifted. Closets cleaned. Bathrooms investigated. Even the kitchen got a share of mid-year cleaning. No inch of my house was left un-searched.

Sure, I could have just saved myself some time and bought a new one. Heaven's no! I wasn't about to spend another $60 on a necklace that I had already bought once! NO WAY! I was determined to wait until we moved. If I didn't find it then, I would wait until Stella and Dot put it on sale and then I would buy it. If I didn't find it, that would mean that Claire somehow threw it away. Something I wasn't willing to admit. She's too innocent....at least I hoped so.

I prayed and prayed to find it. Ideas of where it could be would come and I would try to pass them off as nothing, whispering to my thoughts, "I've already searched there," but then Thought's would speak back and say, "But what if it's the answer to your prayer". So....I'd go look and come away disappointed. Sales at the store came and went, but I held fast to my resolve of finding it or moving away without it.

My spirituality had been on a downslope for quite some time and I haven't been as grateful or as respectful has I should be. Doubts would inevitably get the best of me and I wouldn't bother asking for help or really entertain the possibility that Heavenly Father really was mindful of me. I really did try, but there was always a "BUT" and rebuttal to every thought. After what seems like forever, I feel like I've finally made it through the hardest part of the battle through months and months of effort. I feel peaceful and happy. I know that I am being watched over and listened to. I know that life without the spirit is pretty miserable and confusing and I'm glad to be rid of those pesky feelings of uncertainty.

Now, after 6 months of having lost this necklace, I have FOUND IT! I never stopped looking. In fact, every time I cleaned the house I would keep and eye out for it. I was sitting at the computer and I had this undeniable feeling tell me, "Just go look in the couch and you will find your necklace." Random? Yes. I feel like it came at the precise timing that it was supposed to come. I think Heavenly Father was waiting for me to realize that he is there and he is mindful of me. I'm so grateful that I listened to that naggy feeling of "just wait and it will work out." I know, I know...it all sounds sooooooo stupid. So ridiculous that someone could have a tender mercy because she found her "long lost necklace" that she blogged about as if it were her second lover. However ridiculous it may sound, to me it is a comfort to know that He is mindful of me. He knows what drives me insane and will help me in finding what was lost.

To finish: I've been telling my mom for months that it was in the couch, but I never looked hard enough. Today, I lifted the couch every which way and shook it until I could see all the contents of the couch in a tiny hole on the inside of the arm. Good to know that our couch is rather clean, but low and behold, there it was. In all it's glory! I lifted my arms as if I had just scored a field goal and shouted, "YES! I KNEW IT!"

Side note: I had also lost a bare escentuals eyeshadow around the same time as the necklace....which also drove me up the wall. I searched and searched....and eventually bought a new one. My mom found the original under her bed last week. Go figure.

Now I have to go find the remote.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

you found it!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!! Obviously Heavenly Father cares about you a lot, dear Stacy :) You are very loved!!!

Kateka said...

Wahoo! I thought I hated losing things too, but you take it to a whole new level!

One time, quick story, when my brother was on his mission, he had one of his companions write to me because the comp was having girl problems (mmm easy fix STOP THINKING ABOUT GIRLS ON YOUR MISSION) and so certainly young little naive Kateka could help? Psh. Anyway, he sent me EVERY SINGLE LETTER that this chick had written to him, asking me to read over each one and figure out if there were any hidden meanings behind it. I found nothing except that she didn't like him - anyway, I lost the letters. I felt terrible. Searched high and low, nothing. He wrote me a few times asking for input or at least for his letters back - I never responded. He eventually returned from his mission and came to my brothers homecoming and I avoided him like the plague until he cornered me and I had to confess I'd lost them. Not my best moment. Anyway, what I am going on about... I don't know. Losing things sucks but I am glad you found your jewelry!