If I don't write it here, then I'll forget to write it down anywhere. Sad, but true.
The sands of time move in fast forward over here rather than in reverse. Time goes by way too quickly. I was just reading about Jared's 2 month report and how good he was during Claire's hospital stay and I seriously can't believe that he's this old already! SIX months! Good golly, slow down a little!
First of all, this little man has me wrapped around his finger. This boy can seemingly do no wrong. I sort of remember feeling the same way about Claire....but she's two now and she can definitely do some wrong especially when I walk into the room and watch her push Jared over and hearing his head pound into the floor followed by the screaming. Yes...sigh...the terrible two's. For now I'll just bask in his innocence until he reaches the pushing, hitting, and screaming stage.
Such a handsome boy!
Jared doesn't really care for baby food products. Rice cereal isn't all that desirable and we have yet to find a baby food that he'll eat. He LOVES to eat little pinches of bread, to suck on grapes and apples, and to drink little bits of water. I'm hoping that he'll be a better "real food" eater than Claire is. She makes me hate meal time.
This little guy loves to play Peek-a-Boo and loves to be tickled by mom. He's kind of hard to crack, but once he smiles he's usually a willing participant. He loves to be played with and will let me know if I have been neglecting play time for too long. He'll pull my hair (HUGE hair puller), scream, and cry until I start to play with him. He adores the outdoors and really likes to play with grass. I'll put him and Claire on a blanket outside and they'll usually play with each other for almost 45 minutes (an eternity in mommy time). If he's fussy, I'll just set him outside and he's good as gold. He can sit up all by himself now without a pillow behind him. He still falls over, but doesn't hurt himself...unless Claire instigates that falling over part.
He has also decided that he's not a big nap taker. This is not my favorite of his discoveries. Some days are great, but some days he'll stay awake until you can't see a speck of white in his little blood-shot eyes. I'm sure he would be a better sleeper if Claire didn't choose to scream or bring the loudest toy out as he's trying to fall asleep. Heaven knows I love that little stinker!
I love this face! This is his "pick me up now" face.
We love you little guy!


5 comments:
Man it's just going by too fast! He is way too cute, I love his little face!!!!! What a handsome little man. Can't wait to see you all in person in 2 months!!!! Xo
he's so cute, love those pictures! yes, it goes way too fast.
Oh my goodness, I LOVE his chubby cheeks in the 3rd picture! Those are such great shots of your cute little man. Bummer about the naps! I know how precious those are.
Oh my land, he is so precious. I want to PICK HIM UP NOW!
I'm so sad I was sick the last time I saw you and couldn't canoodle with this cutie!
Post a Comment