Picture

Picture

Monday, April 30, 2012

Pulling a Cameron

I'm sure all of you women out there remember this Modern Family episode. I think the reason we all remember it so well is because it resonates truth in every home. Someone in my house has adopted "The Cameron" as I like to call it. 

In this particular episode, Mitch comes home to a disaster kitchen. Seriously, I think Cameron blew up the fridge and was trying to piece it back together somehow. There was food/dishes everywhere. Mitch then gets upset with Cameron telling him that het better clean it up, but knowing that he'll have to do it anyway. It is then that Cameron steps in to tell Mitch NOT to touch the kitchen and he'll clean it up when he gets back.

When Cameron returns home, Mitch triumphantly explains that he didn't touch the kitchen and Cameron is...disappointed that he still has to clean it up. Tactic? Leaving the house in Mitchell's hands would insure a tidy kitchen upon returning home. 

Brian has adopted "the Cameron". He has dishes duty on the weekend and I am not supposed to touch the kitchen. He gets to "clean it up at his pace"....which drives me almost bonkers. I don't like dishes stacking for more than...oh...2 meals. Sunday night inevitably comes and it's time for bed. Either I do them Sunday night or stare at them while trying to wrestle 2 kids on Monday. The Cameron has won yet again.

This weekend we were out of EVERY. SINGLE. cup. This is what we resorted to...




Yes, that's right. Claire was the only one in the house with a clean dish. As I was sitting on the couch I heard more than one sippee cup being used. In looking over, Brian had confiscated Claire's sippee. I still don't know why he drank with the lid on. My cup of choice was a 4 oz. cylinder bottle I got from the hospital (of course without the breast pump attached). Not ideal drinking situations. 

Needless to say, I did the dishes last night. We have cups. And we all had a good laugh.

I might be changing our dishes rule soon.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

THIS IS WHY I ALWAYS DO THE DISHES!!! Orlando would do them never if it was his job :) I only give him jobs that i can stand to have done over the course of several weeks- like the laundry. It hides nicely in the laundry room behind a shut door until it gets folded weeks later. Plus it smells good, even when it's sitting there :) Dishes stink- i HATE coming home to a stinky house because the dishes aren't done.
hahaha I love that you drank out of sippy cups and a bottle, totally made my day :)

xo

Kateka said...

I don't think I am human... the fact that y'all "had a good laugh" proves my point. I would have probably ended this post with, "And then I smashed every dirty cup in the sink while screaming like a banshee." But see, you and the rest of human society, calmly address the issue with humor and patience. I need to be more like you. Funny post, Stace (may I call you Stace?). As always. I love your blog.

Melody T. said...

I TOTALLY understand! Whenever Scott tells me not to touch the dishes and that he will take care of it I have to hide an eyeroll because I KNOW who will end up doing them....me!
So glad we aren't the only ones!

Katie K said...

UGH!! I've seen that episode and I totally thought of Eric. It DRIVES ME CRAZY. I'm with Kateka though. I don't handle it well. I would do the dishes but I would be giving a lecture and glaring the whole time. I guess I could be better about that.