Picture

Picture

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Minute to Spare

It's 11:00 and I have been playing single mother almost all day long. Brian was here for about an hour at dinner time, but that's about it. He is now back at work. Needless to say, it's been a long day. I should be in bed, but here I am...blogging.

There have been just a couple of things on my mind. First, I am wondering how you mom's of more than one kid entertain! I don't know if I'm having some slight baby blues, if I'm tired, or if I'm just learning to get the hang of REAL multitasking (I thought I knew the meaning of that word....I didn't.) Poor Claire gets left to watch Nemo more often than I would like. If I make it all day long without her watching anything I feel pretty accomplished, but the minute the tv comes on I feel like a total failure as a mother. Hey...at least I've gotten past crying over when I don't brush her teeth.

Do any of you remember Back to the Future...I think it's the second one? Well, I remember the part where the family is in the kitchen and all they have to do is press a button when their meal is served hot and immediately. Can I have that kitchen, please? We didn't eat dinner until 9 tonight. Wow. No wonder I sat in the kitchen almost in tears over food. I think my blood sugar was too low to even comprehend the fact that I had to make dinner in order to eat. I need a kitchen maid who cooks and cleans! Please send Minnie Jackson to my house to cook, clean, and make me chocolate pie!

Lastly, I've recently read a few friend's blogs and they love to write about their hubsters. I find myself almost falling in love with said husband just because they're so in love. Really, it's like reading a romantic book. So, I started thinking...could I even be serious enough to fill my bloggity blog with such words? Probably not. I'm not the kind of person who oozes romance publicly. However, I just have to say that I am married to possibly the most wonderful man alive. (See....I already feel like I've said too much....but I'll go on.) I'll explain:
  • While in the hospital before Jared made his grand entrance, Brian held my hand the entire time I was trying to breathe and relax. I think there was more pain in his face than I've ever seen. He was so sweet.
  • He works so hard. He really does. Grad school is a beast...for the student and the spouse. It's a lot of patience and waiting, but he really tries to keep me happy during the really long weeks.
  • He knows how to relax. He makes me sit down and have a good time and I'm grateful for that. Sometimes I forget to savor the moments because I'm looking at the dust on my baseboards instead of the smiles on my kids' faces.
  • He's VERY passionate about what I say about myself. He's my best advocate and I'm grateful. I guess it's not every husband who says, "Honey, please don't get too carried away with losing weight because then you'll lose your hips". Yes, that's the truth. If I do say something negative, he very seriously and immediately reprimands me.
  • Brian is very opinionated. Sometimes this gets us both into trouble, but I actually love this about him. Before I married him I had probably 1 strong opinion....that chocolate was good...and that's it. He actually HATED that I wouldn't choose where to eat dinner on a date and was very verbal about me changing that habit. It's nice to be more decisive. I think it has made me a better person....as long as I don't get TOO opinionated.
  • Brian is the cutest Daddy. I'll be honest, I'm a little jealous that I have to share Claire's love a little more these days. Before the baby she LOVED her mommy almost too much. Now things are a little more even around here and even though I get a little jealous, I'm so glad she loves him so much. He's a sucker for her. He's also just so cute with that little boy of ours. He will not move positions if I have him hold Jared just out of fear that he'll move wrong. A little adorable? I think so.
  • He's just the best darn husband around. What husband wouldn't want to walk into their bedroom, late, wife in bed and....talk? Well, I don't know who that would be either, but he does this for me All. The. Time. After a long chat and usually a few tears shed from little old me I feel better and all is well in the world.
There. I did it. I think writing things down makes you recognize how good you have it. Lucky for you, I did this publicly.

Now it's time for bed!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Stace, you are a gem. A good friend, a fantastic wife, an excellent mother- I am seriously trying to be just like you this summer and always look nice for my hubby and love on my baby and be a better multitasker- so you need to stop feeling like a failure for ANYTHING you do! When that thought sneaks in your head, kick it out and tell yourself that there are people out there {me} that would love to be just like you.
Also, I love that you brag on Brian in this post. I think our hubbies deserve a good bragging every now and then cause they are just so darn wonderful.

p.s. PINTEREST. Tons of activity ideas for super cheap. GET ON IT! :) xoxo

The Nicholsons said...

I bet you are such a fun mom! Seriously, I used to have so much fun working with you and I know Claire and Jared are lucky to have you. Don't worry about trying to be the perfect mom, just love your kids and they will love you back. As far as entertaining them, just wait till Jared is a little older, Claire and him will have so much fun together. Mine are just getting to that stage and it is so fun watching them together. It is a huge adjustment going to TWO kids, so ask for help if you need it. I learned that the hard way after my second. Postpartum depression isn't very fun. :( But, I am glad you have a good husband to love and support you! It sounds like things are good for you guys. Good luck with everything!!

Lindsey said...

P.S. I too would like the kitchen from Back to the Future. I am so tired of cooing and i'm hungry all the time- its the worst combination. Mostly I sit on the couch and pout until Orlando cooks something... sigh. poor kid. He's earning his sainthood, that's for sure :)

Nicole said...

Oh, man. I wish I had a perfect fix for you... :) All I can say is a fabulous breakdown is healthy every once in a while. :) haha! I think it's great you post things about your hubby. All too often I think we don't really give our husbands the credit they probably deserve! I know I need to be better at it. Don't feel bad, you're a fabulous Mama and just know that transition time takes a little while. Things will look up, you're doing great!!

KaraLyn said...

Can I come be your Minny for the week? I'll have you know I think about you all the time, about how I can help, etc. But it's usually at work so there's not much I can do. (And yes, I'm sneaking onto this blog at work.) Let me know when I can come visit again and help you!

Kateka said...

Oh crap. I think I just fell in love with your husband. Hahaha. Kidding, but he does seem like a keeper! You two seem like a fantastic pair. I thought your little tribute was dang cute.

Janaca said...

Multitasking is so hard to do!! I feel your pain. All too often my kids are watching a movie just so I can get dinner ready. Everytime I'm doing something I feel like I should be somewhere else. I'm doing laundry, great!, but I should be playing with my kids...and on and on. I'm sure you'll get it down and let me in on your secrets when you do. I loved all the things you said about your hubby!