Picture

Picture

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Welcome Back, Life!

I am officially welcoming myself back to normal life! I have been out of commission this month and it feels so incredible to start normal routines and normal life again. On August 6th, one of my very best friends got married! It was such a beautiful day and I don't think her smile could have gotten any bigger. We had such a wonderful time watching her get married to her best friend and laugh the day away. Although I already miss her being just a few blocks away, I am so excited for her and can't wait until she's back from her honeymoon so we can chat about married life! Congratulations Kara!!!


My in laws came into town that very same wedding day (yes, a very busy day). I spent the next few days hanging out with my mother in law and it was just what the doctor ordered! I have been going going going nonstop for the last 3 weeks and it was so nice to just sit down, relax and watch a few movies. How many exactly? Well, we did 10 movies in 3 days. Yeah, more movies than I've ever watched in one week or perhaps even one month! It was a blast! I think it's safe to say that I'm a little movied out, but I SOOO needed it!

We got to enjoy ourselves at Chuck-E-Cheese with Claire for FHE. I'm not sure that she really loved the rides, but we enjoyed watching her.

On Wednesday we headed up to PARK CITY! One of my favorite places in Utah! Of course we did some outlet shopping (which is so much more fun when you're not super poor) and got to eat out at Grub Steak that night. Dumb name, but it was rather yummy!!! Claire loved the french fries! Other favorite part? Diane (mother in law) acted like she had bed bugs all over her the entire time we were in the hotel. Don't ask me why, but it was hilarious! If I scratched part of my body, she would suddenly have imaginary bugs all over that same spot. Haha. Oh dear.

How could I even leave this out??? I know it's not Halloween yet, but I couldn't pass this up!! It is soooooooo darling!!!! She is going to be a BEE this year! Of course she'll have black shirt underneath and she won't be so ornery when we're going TRICK OR TREATING! AH! I just can't wait! I love halloween!!! The nice thing about this costume is that she can even wear it for 2-3 years if I really want her to.
We also got some good Great Grandma time in!
Of course I think her grandpa enjoys feeding her! She has been a teething MONSTER all week, but grandpa defended her sweetness to the end.
Whew! That was our week! Now things are back to normal and I couldn't be more thrilled! No parties to throw, no leaving the house. Now I can make my menu, get my house put together, spray for those pesky spiders that haunt my dreams and enjoy the summer. I'll be honest, for the past three weeks I have DESPERATELY wanted summer to be over. Shocking, I know! It's just been way too busy! However, I think I'm going to enjoy the last few weeks of it and soak up the sunshine now that I don't have to be anywhere else.

I've also been HORRIBLE at being me the last couple months. I haven't read my scriptures in who knows how long and my prayers are sometimes sparse as well too! I am going to challenge myself to read the Book of Mormon before Christmas and write down my daily blessings and hand of the Lord in my life. I've done this before and it has done wonders for me! So, here I am, making it public so that I have a little more responsibility to do it. I'm hoping that I'll find myself again in doing it and I'm excited to start!

Have a great, and hopefully carefree week!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, you HAVE been crazy busy!!! Sounds like stress, but at least it's FUN stress!!! Glad you've had such a good time lately!

Kateka said...

Okay, maybe it's because I've never actually met your cute Claire but the picture of her at the restaurant I thought, 'Who is that baby? Is that a cousin?' I didn't think it looked like her! But now as I look again, it totally does. My brain is just Monday foggy, or something. I know what you mean though, routine can be sooo great.