Anyway, I went out with Claire for a nice run today and it was lovely. I love the way it makes me feel and I love being outside. So, I've decided that I'm going to do a 5k next month and work for a harder race in the following 1-2 months. It will give me something to work towards. I love goals. I'm trying to get Kara to do it with me so I have someone to push me along, but I WILL do it even if she doesn't want to.
Wish me luck. My legs and bottom might fall off from pain in the process, but I guess that wouldn't be all that bad.
6 comments:
way to go!!! Let me know if you want a race companion :)
DO IT DO IT!! You'll be so proud of yourself when you finish! I have been wanting to do this too... hmmm, maybe you've just inspired me!
P.S. I went running last week for a solid hour, I didn't stop once, I was so proud. I ran 16 minute miles, so yur 12 minute mile pushing a stroller kicks my butt, fyi :)
Good luck! I ran a whole bunch of races in my early twenties and then I ran a marathon and never did a race after that... well maybe like one or two, but nothing notable. You'll do amazing! And I am proud of you for taking advantage of the good weather!
We are doing a 5K next month, Operation Smile. You should definitely do it! I love doing charity races because I don't feel so much pressure.
In June they have the Utah Valley Marathon, you can do either the 5K, 1/2 and full mile to choose from. I'm going to do the 5k... yes me run! Good luck!
Way to go! I loved running with my roommates, but I haven't really gotten back into that habit now that I'm married and work full time.
Post a Comment