My cousin, Angie was re-positioning the car due to the snowy forecast for the next day and Akayla slipped out of the house when Angie ran over her little body. It's hard to see a little two year old in a big 15 passenger van. As a mother, I can't even imagine what poor Angie is going through. Lance also blames himself because he thinks he should have been paying closer attention inside, but he was also taking care of one of the other 5 kids. Of all the sweet parents in the world, I'm so sad this happened to them. They are obviously not handling it very well, and we are just asking for everyone's help. There has been a Well's Fargo account set up for her where donations can be made. The account is "Audrey Jacobson in lieu of Akayla Zoe Ferguson." My heart just breaks for their family!
You see these stories on the news all the time. I actually watched it yesterday morning and thought, "How sad, I'm so glad I don't know who that is because it would be so hard for me." My mom called me about 10 minutes later with the news. Shock and tears settled over the whole day. I've always wanted to donate to causes like these and I guess this will be my jumpstart to always putting a little money in them. Does something to you when it's your family. It would be very appreciated, I know they need it, and it's a great service opportunity for a family in need.
Here is the news link: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=14055644
4 comments:
Oh this breaks my heart! I am so sorry Stacey! My prayers go out to your family right now.
Thanks for the info, we would love to help. Love you stace!
I am so sorry Stacy!! I didn't hear about that because I am here in Seattle. I will pray for them.
So so sorry to hear this. We will pray for your family and do anything we can to help. Love you Stacy!
Post a Comment