Picture

Picture

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Holiday Fun

We had tons of fun this Christmas! We stayed here in Utah since it was my families Christmas year. We were lucky enough the spend some time with Brian's parents, who were visiting their families for the holidays and we had a blast playing games with them (even though I lost every single one). It was just so nice to relax and not have to work. I've definitely needed a break from work and the holidays were just the thing I needed. Brian and I opened our presents on Christmas Eve so we didn't have to pack everything and of course because Brian couldn't wait one more day. :) Our goal this year was to spend WAY less than we did last year and I'm so glad we did. We had more of a holiday spirit and it was fun to enjoy the things we did get instead of getting tons of stuff just because we thought we wanted it. I think we'll try to go for even less next year! I posted just a few pictures (mainly because I hate waiting for them to load). :)

Brian's Mario game that he wanted SO bad. It's a lot of fun!

Ugly picture, but here's most of what I got for Christmas from wonderful Brian.

We LOVE the game Dominion! We had one of the games, asked for the other and the expansion and now we have all three and LOVE them! Thanks brothers!


We got a couple of new additions to our family recently. My parents just got two golden retriever puppies just for fun and they're soooo cute! I love puppies. Sorry I don't have pictures! The little girl is super cuddly, fat, and docile. The boy is a theif! He steals every toy anyone has and is super rambunctious, but they're both so fun.

Our other new addition was kind of a whim! I have been wondering what I can do for an income once I quit my job because I still want to help save...especially since we'll have a baby and be a little (ok, a lot) more poor. The only thing I can really think of that would be perfect is to teach piano lessons. The problem was that I only have a little 61 note keyboard, which I have loved, but it won't allow me to teach piano. So, I started looking on KSL and Craigslist for a used one and couldn't really find any for a price I was willing to pay on an old used piano. I would rather use the money for a new one if I'm going to pay that much. So, looking turned into serious looking really fast. We went to some piano stores and had a lot of fun just looking and not really wanting to buy, but when we were ready to leave Brian said, "Well, I want to buy it. Let's do it." I thought he was kidding, but boy was I wrong. I told him we should think about it for a few days and/or just wait a couple months. Needless to say, we went and bought it the next day. Here it is:


I absolutely LOVE having a piano! I missed playing all the time! It's a wonderful de-stressor for me and now I can really practice! We hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday as well!


4 comments:

Marie said...

The new piano looks beautiful! Glad you had a good Christmas break :)

Kateka said...

Oh my gosh, that is so cool. I want a piano so bad! Congratulations.

For some stupid reason my blog didn't publish your comments and instead deleted them (I've been having that problem on my blog lately... gr....). But thank you for the comments anyway.

YES 2 KIA that is so silly. I love that you told me that. I don't remember that, but I will never buy a KIA now either!

And yes, of course! Please copy the 2009 idea! I am totally flattered. :)

Nicole said...

i love that you got Pride and Prejudice.... :) It's like, my fav movie of all time and i put it on when i'm doing other things just to hear it. :) I think i can pretty well quote it all by now. Anyway, skyler always makes fun of me for it, so seeing it in your pic makes me smile. And I LOOOVE the piano! Looks so great!

Rachel said...

Oh I'm so jealous of the piano!! Congrats!