Picture

Picture

Monday, January 25, 2010

Friends

I just thought I'd take a sec and say that I'm so thankful for my wonderful, sweet friends. I had a funny thing happen to me at church. Brian and I just got called as permanent primary substitutes after we have already been subbing in primary for about 9 months. We like doing it fine, but most of the time it's me subbing alone, which is kind of hard when you have 7-10 kids that you don't know and don't have time to get to know since you're only a sub. Anyway, I'm not sad that we got called, but I do get overly excited to go to Relief Society when I can. So, last week I made it until Saturday without getting called to sub a class. I was sooooo excited, until Brian called his home teachee's and she needed a sub for nursery. Blast! Fortunately I could still go to RS, so it was still fine. This week, I decided not to jinx myself and wait until Sunday to be excited. Well, Sunday morning came and I could have jumped for joy. I read the lesson, thought about all the questions in the manuel and felt completely prepared for church. I was ecstatic!! So, we get to church and as I'm playing the postlude music (I'm the organist), the primary pianist comes up and tells me that she's sick and is leaving. Well, I just started to cry after she left. I was so bummed and a little angry that now I have to sub on the spot and find out at church....no thanks! Anyway, my dear friend Lindsey was luckily standing by me to make me feel better until I was able to get my composure for a second. (Haha. I'm laughing to myself cause pregnancy hormones are so ridiculous.) Then, I go up to Brian to tell him that I'm not going to class with him and....well.....basically started to sob. He was so sweet and came to primary with me to sit at the piano with me. He gets a kick out of the Sunbeams, so we started to laugh after a little bit. Anyway, church was fine, but I didn't really get anything out of it other than 3 hours of playing the organ/piano. Hopefully being a permanent primary teacher substitute doesn't mean that I'm their second hand pianist....since that's not part of the calling.

Anyway, there's my background story. I really was fine and probably just tired and having normal pregnancy emotions. However, when I got home, Lindsey called me and told me not to make dinner and that she would make dinner for me. My goodness, I was really ok, but she is one of the most thoughtful people I've ever known, so she brought us such a yummy dinner. An army portion size of spaghetti (my favorite), YUMMY chicken, and green beans. Thanks Linds!!!! Then, my friend Kayli called and invited us over for dinner too also saying that I shouldn't have to make dinner. Since we couldn't do both, we went to their house for games last night and had a blast. They're both so sweet and so giving! I'm so lucky to have such wonderful friends. Thank you girls! I love you both. Don't worry, I will try much harder not to cry in church just to avoid that false appearance of a "hard day." :)

2 comments:

Ian and Makenna James said...

Oh Stacy! I forget how nice it is to go to the regular meetings. Someday your turn will come. I just freak out at having to play the piano every RS. I practice all week and still make some mistakes. You definitely have a talent girl! and Heavenly Father is using it :)Hang in there.

Lindsey said...

Dearest Stacy I love you immensely! I'm glad you liked dinner, I was so nervous! You are my best friend and I just love you- I would love to bring you dinner any day- whether its a hard day or a perfectly lovely one. Can't wait to just sit and talk with you for like 10 hours on Tuesday :) Love!