If I could write a letter to every person in the company that had a say in anything, this is what I would say.
Dear Work,
I hate, loathe, detest, and despise you every single day of my work week. You used to be a helpful and almost nice place to work. We didn't have to take calls every second of the day, we could leave notes in accounts with ease instead of being rushed and still not finishing, we could have at least 30 seconds of sane time in between stupid callers, but sadly that is not the case anymore. We grunt workers have no say in anything and I'm sad that you feel like we have to be miserable all the time in order for the company to be more marketable for future selling purposes. Fact of the matter is....I hate you. I hate working. I hate going to work and I've never been so ornery leaving everyday. I used to be able to work 40 hours with ease....and now 10 hours seems to be a huge trial. I wish that we mattered more to you so that you could be nicer to us low-lives in the company. Sad.
Anyway, I still am grateful that you give me money and that I do have a job, but when I leave I will never recommend anyone to work there and I will remember always the painful memories of my job. Please be kinder.....if only in my dreams I guess.
Sincerely,
Stacy
(Now, I know this will probably get back to my manager since I have a wonderful friend that is married to him. :) Just remember that this is a small vent post even if it's "slightly" true to life.)
2 comments:
I also agree with this post!
Amen, sister! :)
Post a Comment