Cinder block: the ugliest thing that apartment buildings have ever been constructed with. I loathed the ugly cinder block walls that covered my dorm room my freshman year and I was so happy to get out of that prison! Our neighbors below just got evicted, thus opening up a spot on the bottom floor. This apartment is nice, has new appliances, an outside patio just for our apartment only. We won't have to carry groceries or strollers (when the time comes) up stairs to get to our apartment, which would be so great! We could get a grill and have yummy kabobs just because we would have our own patio! The only thing that I hate about the apartment is that it has ugly, cold, prison-like cinder block walls. I hate them. Now, I know you must be thinking that the good things far outweigh the bad, but in my mind......it's just the cinder block. Like it's my worst nightmare. Arg! I hate them. Needless to say, we will probably be moving down stairs sometime next month. Does anyone have ANY ideas on how to cute-ify an ugly cinder block wall? I just can't paint it a different color and that seems to be the first recommendation. I know this is pretty darn ridiculous, but it makes me sad that we'll be moving out of our first apartment and having a project would make things.....happier. :)
Picture
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Moving
Cinder block: the ugliest thing that apartment buildings have ever been constructed with. I loathed the ugly cinder block walls that covered my dorm room my freshman year and I was so happy to get out of that prison! Our neighbors below just got evicted, thus opening up a spot on the bottom floor. This apartment is nice, has new appliances, an outside patio just for our apartment only. We won't have to carry groceries or strollers (when the time comes) up stairs to get to our apartment, which would be so great! We could get a grill and have yummy kabobs just because we would have our own patio! The only thing that I hate about the apartment is that it has ugly, cold, prison-like cinder block walls. I hate them. Now, I know you must be thinking that the good things far outweigh the bad, but in my mind......it's just the cinder block. Like it's my worst nightmare. Arg! I hate them. Needless to say, we will probably be moving down stairs sometime next month. Does anyone have ANY ideas on how to cute-ify an ugly cinder block wall? I just can't paint it a different color and that seems to be the first recommendation. I know this is pretty darn ridiculous, but it makes me sad that we'll be moving out of our first apartment and having a project would make things.....happier. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
congrats on the move...ideas...well I have seen people hang colorful sheets up to brighten up the room and hide things that bother them...
WHAT?!?!?!? WHY?!?!?!?
Is it just one wall, or is it every wall? So sad, cause your apartment upstairs is so cute already! I hated living in basement apartments in Provo, we didn't get as much natural sunshine either. Is the lighting good in the new apartment? Definitely try the colorful sheet idea, but the lighting of those colors will make a big difference too. luv ya!
Post a Comment