Picture

Picture

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Life's Not That Bad

For three and a half years I have worked at 1-800-Contacts and for two and a half years I have loathe my job more and more at times. Summer is the WORST time to work because it gets sooo busy. Anyway....I have a really hard time being kept inside talking to people on the phone all day long and I get really really irritated. So, today I have been super annoyed because I'm almost done with the work week -one day left- and I'm so sick of talking to people that I can't handle. I heard Brian come through the door, and I get up to go make some dramatic scene of how horrible the day has been, but then he walks around the corner with glasses in one hand and roses in the other, gave me a kiss, and then said he had to go back to work. :) How sweet! Now, I'm not really into mushy posts or anything, but my point is (other than the fact that Brian's the greatest) is that life isn't that bad. All we need is a little reminder from time to time to stop complaining and enjoy what we're doing. The more positive the attitude, the more happiness you'll find along the way. I really am grateful to have my job, and I'm so grateful that I can work at home and I do slightly enjoy it when I make the effort to have a good attitude about it. :)

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

ADORABLE!!!! Go Brian :) I'm glad you have a cute guy who reminds you to love life, Stace. You deserve it!

New Beginnings. said...

aww...how sweet!!! Miss you guys!

Ian and Makenna James said...

This proves that Brian IS NOT cheating you of his precious time, thoughts and love, as I thought he might, since he does spend a lot of time playing sports and Nintendo. :) jk, I know Brian is such a good guy, because you are SO happy :) love you friend.

now, if I can only get Ian to do those things for me . . .

Chippy said...

Such a good hubs - I love it! Glad you have such a sweet man.

You done good Brian!!!

Janaca said...

I'm glad you let me know about your blog! We moved recently so I was unpacking some books and came across my high school year books. I read a little note in there from you and it started out with the sounds from the wakitaki! Do you remember? I don't know how that all got started but it made me laugh. I totally know what you mean about working on the phones...it can be so tough at times. I remember being very annoyed with quite a few customers. Good attitude though and it sounds like you have a sweet hubby! I hope Jason will be a good manager, and just let me know if he's not and I'll whip him in to shape! j/k Sorry this is so long. I'm excited to stay in touch.