Kendra. One month. I've snuggled and snuggled and snuggled this past month away. We may be done having kids and although I'm having a hard time with that fact, I did not want to let it be my last and wish I would have held my newborn more. In fact, I don't really remember the last time I snuggled with Brian. It's been Kendra/mommy time from 8pm on every night. I should have cleaned my house. I should have done the laundry that keeps piling up. I should have done a million things, but I chose not to and I'm so glad. I learned a little bit on how to let my house go...and it's been a little therapeutic for me. For instance, I spent all day long on Tuesday cleaning my house. It felt good to have a clean house, but by dinner time it looked like I had not done a thing. Yes, it was easier to pick up and tidy since it was still somewhat clean, but it really doesn't matter. I'm so glad I've snuggled the whole world away.
At one month:
- A champion sleeper! This month has been a breeze with sleeping. Wakes up once to eat...which usually ends up with co-sleep snuggling. Seriously, I'm may be addicted.
- Eats a lot! If she's awake, she thinks she needs to eat non-stop. (I'm the same way I think....Darn that kitchen!)
- 10 lbs 3 oz, 22 inches.
- HATES bath time. Who's child is this???? All of my kids love bath time as soon as their cord falls off. Her cord fell of after only 5 days, so she was still really little. Maybe that's why?
- Has a little baby acne, but it's starting to get better.
- GOOPY eyes! I can't tell if it's clogged tear ducts or if she had a little cold and her congestion is causing it, but man! The poor girl can't even open her eyes in the morning.
- The past week has turned night-times and bedtime routine into something impossible to deal with. Once 5-6 pm hits, she screams non-stop for about 3 hours. If we got outside, she's usually able to calm down, but if we're inside....oh boy. She's hard to burp and I can never get it all out, so I think it's just belly aches. It makes me sad. Luckily Claire has volunteered to read stories to the kids before bedtime since I can't do it. If Brian isn't home, we're a hot mess.
- She has smiled a couple of times. Finally! I crave the smiling stage. It's so fun to get them to smile at every stupid thing you say and do.
- The other kids are completely in love with them. They don't want night time hugs and kisses from me anymore, just from Kendra.
She had her baby blessing at church on Sunday and she looked so cute in her little white dress (even though I don't love the dress) and was so good and sleepy through the blessing. Sweet thing. We love this girl and it feels so good to have her in our family!
Hailey LOVES to hold "my sissa" Jared will just sit, talk to her, and tell her stories.
These are from when she was 2 weeks old
Newborn pajamas. They're so cute! She was so little!
Hailey is rather adorable with her as well...when she's not trying to shove her entire hand down Kendra's throat. We keep a close eye on her.
Night time snuggling!
Hanging out on the porch. I think we were all a little tired that day.
"Here mom? Can I touch her here?" Yes...you can't touch the inside of her mouth...you can touch her head.
Baby blessing. We're glad we're so close to some family! Brian's parents and brother were able to come up for the weekend.
Family picture
Her blessing day just so happened to land on her one month mark, so I didn't have to do two photo days...Just one! I'm gonna try and do what I did with Hailey and take pictures of her every month. It was such a fun project and I love looking back and seeing her grow up.
So sleepy!
Accident! Not a real smile. She was squirming, but it looks real! :)
This is how she is 95% of the day.









3 comments:
Cute blog, Stacy, and BEAUtiful baby!
HOORAY for pictures!!! i love them all, you have a beautiful family! My favorite is the first one of you and Hailey and Kendra, it's sooo sweet!!!!!
She is so sweet. As Adah is our last I have snuggled and snuggled her. And she is still sleeping in our room/in our bed. But she is just about weaned - mostly of her own accord. That part is bitter sweet...
Post a Comment