Picture

Picture

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Vacation Part 2

The kids are in bed. Time for me to catch up on my entire life. Seriously....I am serious. 

Alright. Phase two of vacation report. The after-Park-City part wherein we stayed way too busy and didn't have enough time for everything I wanted to do. Friday we went from Park City to Guadalahonkey's in Draper. Don't knock it 'til you try it. It may have a stupid name, but they have the best darn salsa and chimichanga a girl could ask for. You'd think that with all this "Delicious Tex-Mex" in Dallas that I wouldn't need that little restaurant in Draper Heaven....WRONG! Wrong, wrong WRONG! I have not had a delicious chimi since my heart sat down here in Dallas. It was a wonderful come back and I might be able to make it another year. 

Claire got to open her Birthday gifts from grandma and grandpa....and I guess it was kind of Jared's birthday too. Presents for everyone! :) Grandparents are the best aren't they? We have lots of fun with all those Frozen dolls and of course Jared is in love with his cars. 




Saturday was very well spent with a beautiful sunny day at Pineview. Sigh....It was gorgeous. For some reason I'm always a basket case the day before we go to the lake just thinking of horrible scenarios in which my children will drown or something awful will happen. I need to stop it. It always ends up a blast and my kids have a nice, healthy fear of going in too deep. Plus, there are more adults than children, so they are in good hands. 





I know this totally looks like a nursing picture, but I promise my mom's physical inability to nurse Hailey insures that its not. She is sucking her thumb.


I'll be honest....I've gotten really quite terrible at wakeboarding. Having more kids mixed with minimal to no practice is quite the disaster.


And Brian....putting his 7 mil wet suit on in the middle of summer. Good heavens man!


It's so beautiful up there.

AND.....He didn't fall going over the wake! Maybe it was all that wetsuit keeping everything together...


So windy.

"And I drove the boat all the way back, didn't I!" She talks about this all the time. She thinks she's quite the driver now.




Jared fell asleep while we were out wakeboarding. Made me a little sad that he didn't get to play in the sand as much as I'd hoped, but I gladly took his place. :)





Grandpa is hilarious. :)

On Sunday, our Nephew, Scott, was baptized. I'm so glad we got to be a part of such a big moment in his life. He's such a good kid and we love having him around! Congrats bud!


No comments: