This little girl has adjusted very well at home. She is the sweetest little person and the siblings LOVE her! Huge relief. Claire was so violently opposed to having Jared take attention away from her that I was nervous this time around as well. However, Claire loves it when her eyes are opened and she loves to hold her and help get her things. Jared likes to hold her and give her kisses when I ask him to. Other than that, Claire is finally better from being sick, but is still pretty whiney. Jared is having a little mommy withdrawals and needs LOTS of snuggles and tickles to reaffirm his place as the mommy's little boy.
At her 5 day appointment she weighed 7 lbs 6.5 oz...up from the 7 lbs 3 oz when we left the hospital, so we're glad about that. I was super worried about her bilirubin levels, but doctor said she looked great. She didn't sleep very well in the hospital at all, but since we got home it's hard to wake her up. She's had a couple of nights where we have a late night date, just her and me. Last night I passed out on the closet floor while she looked around. She is a pretty great eater and lets me know very quickly when she's hungry or dirty. She is SUPER hard to burp, much to my dismay. I hate burping. She still loves to snuggle and will calm down when she hears my voice. What can I say, I love to be so loved. :) She's a sweetheart and we love her quite a lot.
Here are some pictures from the week. Jared has learned to love the camera and will say "CHEEESE" the second the camera is pulled out. He wants to smile a big cheeser and look at himself right after.
Cutest newborn pajamas ever
We love having Grandma visiting and helping us out with everything!
Hailey turned a week old yesterday and we celebrated by getting out of the house. The kids NEEDED some good outside play time. They haven't been sleeping very well or very long, so we needed to get some of that energy out! It was a beautiful day and the sun did wonders for their sleeping.
Even though I sat almost the entire time, I was totally wiped out after and have had some pretty horrible back pain this time around. It's very strange to complain mostly about your back after a baby, but I think I pushed so hard that I must have strained it pretty badly. After t almost 3 days on a heating pad, I'm feeling a little better. :) It was nice to get out of the house.
And today. I think she is so incredibly beautiful and the epitome of perfection. So sweet and cute!
Love little baby ears. :)
She's a natural poser.
Bored? Nothing that sidewalk chalk can't take care of. She colored every inch inside that little triangle. We now have blue sidewalk chalk dust footprints all over our hallway. :)
Jared doesn't need chalk I guess. He was more content with smiling and collecting rocks.














3 comments:
She IS the epitome of perfection! i'm so glad she's sleeping better at home. Your mom is so pretty and such a proud grandma! And you look AMAZING! Seriously, i'm not sure i believe you just had a baby. NOT FAIR. I'm glad Claire and JAred are enjoying her for the most part. They are so good and SO DAARN CUTE! I love the playground pictures and Jared's smile and Claire's hair haha. They look like best buds and it makes me so happy. Your photo skills are seriously impressive. SERIOUSLY. {maybe i haven't told you that enough? haha!}
Love you!
Congrats! She is adorable.
She is such a doll! I love all that dark hair...so cute! Glad the siblings are adjusting well, that's always a relief as you never know how it will go. So nice you have your mom there to help for a while!
Post a Comment