Picture

Picture

Monday, October 7, 2013

Texas State Fair

I went to my first state fair! How appropriate that it would be in Texas since "everything is bigger in Texas" and I hope that the state fair is as well. I've never been to any other, so an expert would have to tell me just how awesome it was, but I had a great time! I'll have to get my friend Lindsey's expert opinion since this is her 15th state fair (why didn't I ask her when I was there with her?). I've never seen so much fried food in my life!! Imagine any type of food on earth and I'm sure they had it fried. Lindsey had a fried turkey dinner and although I was extremely skeptical, it was amazingly good. 



Claire was super excited to be like Bob the Builder and get to ride in a digger! 



Too bad we didn't get Jared's face here. 


 This was ADORABLE! The kids put apron's on and went on a tour through the farm. Everything was fake, but they got a basket to put their goods in. Feed a chicken-get an egg. Feed the sheep-get wool. You get the picture. At the end of it, they traded their goods for a dollar and then got to purchase a treat. My kids got chip faced and loved every second of it.




For some reason I thought I took pictures past this point, but I guess I got lazy. We saw lots of animals and the kids loved feeding the goats. We actually got to see a brand new, minutes old, baby goat....and then got to see the mom eat the placenta. Sick. We left before I lost my cookies. We had a blast!

2 comments:

Marie said...

We have tried to make it to the Georgia state fair for 3 years now and always get thwarted! Dan's never been to one either. Looks like a fun time!

Lindsey said...

You look fabulous and this looks like so much fun! Also, you have a new Lindsey friend?!
I love Claire on the mini tractor, it's a kid paradise!