With all that said. I LOVE it here. I don't have any friends yet. Our church is 20 minutes away (it's seriously Provo ward #2....transient and full of BYU students). We have bugs in our apartment all the time. We have neighbors at all angles and I don't love sharing walls. Our room squeaks when we're sleeping (we think maybe that our apartment is sinking a little and constantly adjusting). It's all just wonderful! I'm excited to be here and excited to make new friends. We've been busy playing and having a wonderful time. There is something just wonderful about being in a new place and having a new beginning. Change never tasted so good.
We have been b.u.s.y! After we got our stuff here and unpacked, we've been bombarded with all this wonderful company. Brian's family was here for a few days and his mom stayed for 10 days. We had good food, way too much ice cream, only one board game (which we'll work on next time), snuggling with my brand new and adorable nephew, PLAYING WITH COUSINS!-a personal favorite that I'm sorely going to miss when they move, and too much fun. I'm sad to say that I don't think I took a single picture from that week - something else I'll work on next time.
We had a 3 day hiatus from company and I didn't even clean my house in time for Jason to come. Those three days were spent with fevers for both kids and multiple trips to different pediatricians. It was nothing except a fever for 5 days that turned into an ear infection (for Claire) a horrible cough and a terrible runny nose.
Jason arrived at the largest airport I have ever driven through! Sizeable enough to make note of it in this blog. Yes, I committed several traffic violations and got lost a couple of times. I'm still not sure how I made it out of there alive.
Friday we slept in, we were LAZY, and I was committed to getting Jason hooked on Sherlock (easy to do) so we watched an episode or 2 each day. We really did nothing all day except take Claire to the doctor for her ear infection. We got our beloved Boston pizza and ate it for dinner (for free because our take out order didn't go through and we had to wait an extra 10 minutes...can we say AWESOME!). Did some (very little) outlet shopping and loved every inch of that Banana Republic sales floor. Finally, some clothes that fit!
Saturday we went to the Northpark Mall and the Dallas Arboretum. First, the mall. What the what!? It was ENORMOUS! Four times the size of a normal mall and the nightmarish parking to match. Honestly, I'm terribly excited to go back and see it because we only saw Nordstrom. I'm sure that it will be a heavenly place to bask in it's air conditioning mid summer.
Jason was craving some humidity and Saturday brought it with a vengeance. We were wet just standing by the car. Oppressive. The gardens were beautiful, enormous, and amazing! And now....I have pictures. :)
Alice in Wonderland exhibit - beautiful!
Tea Party, anyone?
Someday I'm going to have an entire backyard filled with Crape Myrtle trees just like this!
Brian got me some macro lenses that I had fun testing out!
Look for the ant.
We went to Rudy's for dinner. Rudy's - where white trash means getting gas and eating exceptionally good BBQ. We will definitely be going back there again! Ending the evening with some board games and Sherlock, a successful day.











5 comments:
A WHOLE MONTH??? Wow, time does fly! I feel like i feel off the face of the eart, what with father's day and luc's birthday craziness... i'm back and i can't wait to call you! Texas {or at least the garden} is GORGEOUS! And Jared looks so big with his shaved head! I feel you, the humidity is awful here too and we have zero AC :( do you have AC in your apt? II'm going to live at target this summer... i'm glad you are all settled and loving it, I can't wait for part 2! Also, you are a really good photographer, seriously, these are good! and i'm jealous that you are eating so much good food. SO JEALOUS! You're making me want to come to texas really bad!
Wow. i used a lot of exclamation points in that comment, sorry haha :)
Jealous! I've always wanted to live in Texas! Glad you are liking it :) Chang is good.
*change. I'm not sure if Chang is good.
glad things are going well!!! Skyler's sister is in Houston and LOVES it there. It looks beautiful :)
Post a Comment