Picture

Picture

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Family Videos

Nothing tells you that you've neglected the education of your second child quite like family videos do.

Last night, we watched movies of Claire when she was a little over a year old. She was walking, talking, and clapping at everything she did. She knew where your nose was, and she knew what hugs were. She was so happy and so adorable and SO fat! My goodness! If obese America needed a poster child to illustrate the direction of the nation, she would have been it. And I loved it.

Both kids sat on the couch happy. Claire was excited to see herself in a mini form and Jared watched like it was the most interesting thing in the world. He sat on the couch, naked (because most of the time my kids are), with his hand on his knee  and a puzzled look on his face. Who could have that darling, sweet, and quiet child be? That COULDN'T, just couldn't be that girl who pushes him over every day, right? I can see where his confusion was lingering.

That being said, it's fun to see their different personalities. Claire really was such a spunky and sweet little baby. She was talkative and explorative. Jared likes to explore alright, but he does it as if he knows he's going to get caught and get in trouble. He's quiet and doesn't like sitting through books unless they have something to touch. He doesn't care where my nose is and hugs are a necessary part of getting his hands in my hair.

It's so fun to be a mom!

Also, it's Jared's Birthday today. Boy does it go too fast!

1 comment:

Kateka said...

I love home videos. I just moved all our family home videos onto DVD and it's my favorite thing to watch. :) I am glad you're recording those kiddos so that you never forget a moment!