Picture

Picture

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Kids

Claire and Jared had their well child check-ups today. The poor little people are just that...little people. Claire was on a roll of being within the 20th percentiles and has moved her way down the ladder. Jared is almost off the charts...in the wrong direction. :)

Jared- 4 months
Height: 22.75 inches = 1st percentile- haha
Weight: 13 lbs. 1 oz. = 19th %
Head: 42 cm = 48%

Claire - 2 years
Height: 32.75 inches = 11 %
Weight: 27 lbs 1 oz = 58%

Hopefully someday they'll both catch up, especially little Jared. Boys need to be taller than the first percentile. :) I think it's his legs since his pants are always way too long. 

What else did the doctor say?

Oh, just that they are the most perfect, most adorable and well behaved children she's ever seen. 

Ok...maybe I just heard that without her speaking. You know. It's because they're mine. Oh...and because they ARE perfect. :)

So, here's the skinny on Jared. He is the biggest sweetheart and he love loves LOVES his mommy. He is my little pal and loves to be held. I think he's just a tad bit spoiled. He sleeps like a champ. After getting home from my grandma's funeral, he slept from 7 pm to 6 am straight. Then took a nap from 8 to noon. Must have been exhausted!  He loves sucking on his fingers and I'm happy to report that his thumb isn't as important anymore. He's a huge drooler; however, I haven't found any signs of teeth quite yet. He's very ticklish and will usually laugh for me when I tickle his neck. He still has a funny mohawk, but I'm attached to his hair, so we're not cutting it yet. He's a side sleeper-big time! If it were my first baby I'm positive I would lose sleep thinking of SIDS and of suffocation, but there is a blessing to having a little experience under your belt. I sleep soundly on my side and so does he. He likes to watch the TV (uh oh) and he can roll over from back to belly...although he usually gets upset about it after a few minutes. He still loves to snuggle with his mommy and I eat it up. He likes the phrases "Soooo sleepy" and "soooooo slowly". I don't know why, but he laughs at them every time I say them.

Claire is the big sister 2 year old starting on Sunday. 2?! It almost makes me sad knowing that they grow up so fast. I read her 4 month checkup stats and it is so hard for me to imagine her that small now. I wish you could always remember every little thing about them! I'm so grateful for camera's a video! She is such a ham and my little best friend. She, also, loves her mommy, but sure loves that daddy of hers too! He'll do anything for her. Claire loves to read and be read to. She loves to play with other kids and loves to be outside. It's a very dramatic thing taking her inside. I love how she has best friends already and hates to be away from them. She loves water and going to the pool/lake. My favorite sayings are: "Where did mommy/daddy/brother/Kylie go?", "Is brother sad?", "Na-Night (insert name/object here).", "MMMMM! YUMMY!". Yesterday was funny. I was singing the Wheels on the Bus for her and when I asked her what the mommy's on the bus say, she said "LOVE YOU" before I finished my sentence. I've told her that mommy's say "love you" and daddy's say "roar", so I guess the mommy's on the bus, of course, say "love you". She loves all things Woody, Buzz, Toy Story.

Hopefully I didn't leave anything out so when I read it in 20 years, I'll be able to picture my perfect little  life just the way it is.





I love my sweet family!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Best list EVER!! Its so nice to read a happy motherhood post when I'm having a not so happy motherhood day. Thanks!!!
Xo

Kateka said...

Aw. Your cute tiny kids are so dang cute. I bet your doctor said that your kids were perfect with her eyes. And as women, we can totally read people's eyes: when the creepy man at the store is lurking at you, you know he's not thinking good thoughts, or when the husband gives you a come hither look he doesn't have to SAY anything, or when the doctor gleems with her eyes, you know she thinks your kids (that are the best) ARE the best. :)