Picture

Picture

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Vacation

We went to Ohio for Christmas this year and it was wonderful. Claire was a champ on the planes, she only cried when we were flying out of Salt Lake. Poor girl is all stuffy and I'm sure her ears didn't pop as easily as she'd like. She slept or played on all of the other flights. She was just way too nice to us and it was wonderful since we had to stay FOREVER in Chicago when we were flying out. The only thing that's nice about the Chicago O'Hare airport is that they have revolving plastic seat covers on the toilets. That's it.

We got to play with Claire's cousins all week and I'd have to say that I have the cutest niece and nephews! I wish I got to chase them around a little more and really play with them, but something happened when I became a mom. I'm either lazy, tired, or both. Running around in a circle just doesn't sound that wonderful to me sometimes. Maybe next time. We played some games and I slaughtered everyone in ticket to ride. I think I won by 60 points or something . :) We ate the most wonderful ice cream cake from the Dairy Queen. Oh, so yummy! I love it when ice cream cake isn't ruined by cake. I ate WAY too many cookies and I'm all sweeted out. We went shopping with all of our christmas money and I think I got some steals. Their Banana Republic outlet is oh so wonderful. A dress for $25, pants for $9, a $130 sweater for $50. Wahoo! :) I heart banana. Brian gave me money to buy tickets to Les Miserables!!!! The off broadway show will be here in June, so we'll buy tickets as soon as they're on sale! I'm so excited! I've always wanted to see Les Miserables!

Claire, as you can imagine, ran up and ripped open every gift on Christmas morning. Lie. She only made it through an hour of presents before she had to take a nap. I enjoyed her gifts though. She got lots of books. I love reading to her. Brian and I definitely got spoiled by his parents! We got lots of stuff! Cd's, movies, books, clothes, a new and bigger fish tank for Brian, jewelry, and Diane made me such a beautiful cross-stitch of the Salt Lake Temple. It's' beautiful and so much work! We really had a wonderful time.

Claire is now rolling over and over and over. Just now I turned around to see her playing on her play mat, but instead she had rolled all the way into the kitchen. I'm sure she'll be crawling around before I know it. She's much better at sitting up, although she still falls over sideways. She has also graduated to sleeping in her crib! I don't know why it took me so long. Guess I have denial issues about her growing up. I'm sure she likes all the space and she looks adorable in there. It's nice to have my room back though.

Another improvement is that we're still on Ohio time, meaning that Claire goes to bed at 8:30 and wakes up at 6:30. This way we have a couple hours of me and Brian time and then we go to bed at 10:30. I love it. It's a way better schedule, I think. Hopefully it lasts. I'd like it to last for a long time.

Well, here are some pictures. They are as out of order as my blogging was in this post, but they're still pictures.

All the boys got remote control cars. (Sorry about the horrible glare, Brik.)

Cute Simon loves playing the piano with Grandpa



Iris sure likes her cousin, Baby Claire






I love these pictures. She would watch the train go around and around. Brian bought a train set when we got home. :)



She loves the colors in this book.



Iris claimed these puppets as her own although they were meant for all three kids. She calls them her babies and sticks them on her hands and feet. Word is that she now sleeps with them. She's so cute!


'nuff said. SOOOO CUTE!
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Such cute pictures!

I had a layover in Chicago coming home from my misson and I LOVED those revolving toilet cover thingys!! Haha. Great invention. And I agree. That's all that airport has going for it.

Marie said...

Any idea where she got the pattern for the cross stitch? I know they have amazing ones of Bountiful and Mt. Timp, but I've never seen one for Salt Lake. Sounds like an excellent break. Fun times with Christmas money, we haven't quite decided what to do with ours yet. It's almost just as much fun thinking about the options :)

Lindsey said...

Your Christmas sounds wonderful Stace!!! Happy times! And you look gorgeous, girl- I love your hair! Seriously that a perfect length on you. I can't believe Claire is rolling! wow! more pictures please!!!
Love you all!
Linds

briananderson1282 said...

You mean you like it when the ice cream cake isn't spoiled by cake.
Brian

Nicole said...

glad you had a merry christmas!! Claire is adorable.... :) so fun! And......... once again, jealous of your sleep b/c Landon STILL doesn't sleep through the night.