
If anyone has a husband that is doing his Ph.D. program, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that I feel like a widow at times. For some it may be that their spouse has to study all day-every day, but for me it's compound week. Brian has 3 compounds he has to turn in this week. Every time I tell someone that he has to turn in a compound I get asked what a compound is. I'll tell you what a compound is. It's 3am-5am work nights. It's going to bed by myself. It's stress and more stress. It's delayed due dates, lost product, and failed reactions. It's quite possibly the longest weeks of the year. That's what a compound is to me. Now, if you ask Brian what a compound is he would give you a much more complex, scientifical answer that I don't want to explain nor could I do it justice. Just think Chemistry and you'll have an idea. I told him that Friday night is date night. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything. I just want to snuggle. That's it. Thanks compound week....I dislike you very much!
On a happier note, I am grateful for his education. I know that it will pay off in the end. :)
4 comments:
it gets better ;)trust me he is missing you just as much as you are missing him
I think wives widowed by compounds deserve a little baby compound for themselves...
Then you'd both be up from 3-5 a.m. with work...
But your's would be a LOT more fun than his :)
you are so cute!
guess what, if he's anything like my hubby, the compounds never end. Grrrrr, curse you sense of duty that over-rules every husband impulse! Why can't he do both, I'd like to know? Oh well, maybe you'll get lucky :)
Post a Comment