Picture

Picture

Monday, October 12, 2009

Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam

I am teaching my friend's Sunbeam class while they are galavanting around Europe (not a fair trade, I know.) Well, the kids were drawing at the end of class and there are two of the cutest boys in the class. Lincoln wanted to draw Lightning McQueen as one of his favorite things. Well, of course Ethan likes Lightning McQueen also, so he had to draw it too. This was their conversation while drawing their pictures side by side:

Lincoln: My Lightning McQueen is like a rocket, he's so fast.

Ethan: Well, my Lightning McQueen is WAY faster than yours.

Lincoln: My Lightning McQueen is going to blow up your Lightning McQueen.

Ethan: Well, MY Lightning McQueen is going to grow hands and arrest your Lightning McQueen and put him in jail.

I laughed so hard. I love kids. Where do they get these things? Haha. Ethan had also previously told me that the vent in sharing time blew fire out of the vents if you turn it on. Then the fire would start to burn all of us up and we would have to run outside while the church burns to the ground. I told him that the fire just stayed inside the unit and we wouldn't all get burned. Ethan then told me that he would inform his mom. I came to find out that his mother had told Ethan that if he played with the heater, then fire would come out and burn us. Hilarious that our lesson was on how to be honest. Classic! I love Sunbeams.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

That's so cute! I teach the class just older than the sunbeams, so the 4-5 year olds. I swear every week I end up either pulling my hair out or laughing my head off! :) They come up with the CRAZIEST stuff.

Makenna said...

you know where they get it from . . . dads like Ian. He is always warning me that he is going to torment our kids with all kinds of crazy stories and false origins of things! I'm sometimes really worried . . . but mostly happy he wants to associate with them like that! :)

Janaca said...

Such a cute story! Kids honestly say the funniest things. I try to write down lots of the things Jordan says because they are just so darn adorable that I don't ever want to forget!