Picture

Picture

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Provo....BLECK!

Don't you love it when you see wonderful pictures of beautiful places around the world? I do too....when I'm in them.  So, today I woke up, got ready for work, got on facebook and there they were: pictures from Bangkok and Thailand from my dear friend Bethany Matheson Moore. They are gorgeous and beautiful. They're full of beaches and bungalows, snorkeling, hiking, fish, and hostels. Perfect. Then I opened my window and had to look at the ugliest elementary school known to man: Farrer Elementary School. Yuck. I swear that I have the worst luck in the world with having that school out my window. I would LOVE to go to Asia....actually anywhere for that matter away from Provo and away from Utah. Somewhere where the water is actually blue and not brown and murky. Somewhere with sand, beaches and fish. Somewhere I can hike and be dirty for however long I want to. Somewhere with a jungle and monkeys and tigers. Somewhere fun. Just somewhere away from here- just for a few days.  Instead I choose to work at lame 1-800-Contacts and look at the ugliest elementary school. Someday.....maybe someday I will be able to convince Brian that we need to be in some awesome pictures for a happy vacation!  :) 

5 comments:

Sarah Roberts said...

hilarious!

Nicole said...

Yeah!!!!! I was looking at Bethany's pictures this morning and thought the same thing.... "Lucky!!" I was thinking, "What could i have done differently so that i could be living in Thailand right now...?!" Oh, I feel you... I've been thinking about her pictures all day!

Kateka said...

What in the world!? I didn't know you had a blog! I am so excited. I a totally stalking you now. :)

Lindsey said...

I can see why you are proud of this post :) I LOVE IT! Very witty and very you! I feel the same my dear. LEt's go tanning and pretend we're in Tahiti... :)

Ian and Makenna James said...

honey, your blog is the cutest! I aspire to your crafty abilities! Dont worry, someday sooner than you thing you'll get out of Provo, and then you will remember how nice it was to be stable and have such nice things and your own home . . . I could go on and on but you get the idea :) you dont know what ya got till its gone.