Picture

Picture

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Miss Saigon


My love for this play started way back during my freshman year at BYU. My roommate, Rachel, and I listened to the CD, bought the music book and sang our guts out nearly everyday for weeks. The music is so powerful and just incredible. However, we could never get the story line quite right by just listening to the music, so we just guessed what was going on. So, after 5 years of waiting for it to be playing in Utah, we finally got our chance.  We just saw Miss Saigon at the Pioneer Theater Company last night and it was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! I can't get over it! I would watch it for the closing three nights if I could. Most of the actors in the play have done multiple Broadway productions and I was extremely impressed with the entire cast. The main character, Kim.....WOW!!!! Talk about amazing here! She had the most incredible voice. (Gasp) I just loved it.....can you tell? :) Well, through all his racy moments and it's heart-wrenching twists and turns, I bawled my eyes out at the end! I was almost in a full blown sob! Even the guy next to me kept looking over and giving me weird looks like he was thinking, "Good grief, it's only a play. Pull yourself together, woman!"  I could just keep going on and on about how wonderful it was, and I would recommend it to anyone...above the age of....16 . :) LOVE!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

agreed. Miss Saigon has powerful music, and a very heart-wrenching story! I'm glad you got to see it :)

The Slothower Family said...

I LOVE Miss saigon! I also fell in love with the music. I remember bawling the first time I heard the cd. I was 15 and it was AMAZING. I have yet to see the play. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Lindsey said...

Stacy! I hope you are having a great time in Park City! Hey, how do I get people to comment on my blog? You have lots of comments, but I don't :(

kayla said...

I know it is crazy how fast time goes by. I hope you had fun in Park City and had time to just be with your hubby getting away is always the best.

Chippy said...

I am so happy you got to see it!! I remember you telling me how much you love it. Now if only we could go see Wicked together....